Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Inland Empire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2010, 12:44 PM  
PhantomWJ

Good Fabrication Shop

Anyone know of a good fabrication shop near Upland? I am wanting to have custom bumper made for me.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:00 PM  

Upland, CA
I guess it depends on how custom you want. Sometimes its cheaper to have a friend make it or buy premade.

A friend of a friend of a friend says you might try Sparky's Custom Welding & Fab/Best RV on 9th St. but you would have to talk to the guy there to see if he's still around.

Old 10-10-2010, 03:57 PM  
PhantomWJ

what guy? who should I ask for....

Im thinking of buying a welder and trying it myself...

are you on JeepForum?
Old 10-12-2010, 01:37 PM  

Upland, CA
It's a one man show most of the time... i think guy's name is Bob.

i have an extra welder here... its a small one 80a 110v

And yes... but not on much. Not even sure if I have ever posted there
Old 10-15-2010, 02:56 AM  

riverside, california
Quote:
I guess it depends on how custom you want. Sometimes its cheaper to have a friend make it or buy premade.

A friend of a friend of a friend says you might try Sparky's Custom Welding & Fab/Best RV on 9th St. but you would have to talk to the guy there to see if he's still around.
i second this , i went to a fabricator in hemet , he wanted to charge me 600 to make a bumper to my jeep , i thougth it was too much ,maybe im a cheapstake but hell i dont make that a week.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:03 PM  

Inland Empire, California
I am also interested in this. However I have a friend who has a friend that works at ES Motorsports in Fontana, and they do AMAZING stuff. I think they are on some sort of Discovery Channel show too, but I can't recall. I don't think they will be cheap, but there stuff is AMAZING.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:52 PM  

Alta Loma, CA
I had that shop "best RV" do some work for me YEARS ago, he is a good guy if he is still around, I think he used to be into Jeeps as well.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:51 PM  

Apple Valley, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
Anyone know of a good fabrication shop near Upland? I am wanting to have custom bumper made for me.
Dirt Worx in Moreno Valley,.. the guy builds good stuff and price wise he is cheaper than anyone else I could find for a rear bumper with a swing out carrier with all the other goods as well. Tell Robert that Matt from "Rebel Chapter 4x4" sent you.
http://www.thedirtworx.com/
Old 02-03-2011, 09:18 PM  

corona, ca
Buy a welder, grab some steel find some ideas from the Jeep forum and enjoy.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:02 AM  

Moreno Valley, Calif
You fab up a bumper with a swingout tire carrier and tow/winch points and you'll spend more time and money in most cases than buying one thats tried and true. But then again some people don't care what their rides look like eitherand its shows.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Inland Empire
Bookmark this Page!