Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Inland Empire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2010, 01:18 PM  

Lake Elsinore, CA
Honest and reliable auto mechanics?

Saw this thread in another forum and thought this was a great idea. Who have you found that you were impressed with?

Old 09-29-2010, 02:23 PM  

Riverside, CA
His name is Shane and he is from Shanes Auto Dynamics here in Riverside off of Van Buren and Arlington Ave.

He is honest, but expensive. He's really the only one I trusted with my vehicles. He also works on bikes because that is his passion. This is why I took my motorcycle to him. One time I had my swingarm backplate come off because a tire shop didn't tighten the rear tensioner bolts right. It messed up the swingarm badly. When I told him about it he impressed me with:

"You know, that's why I do it right and I check it numerous times. Because when you make a mistake on a bike (motorcycle) someone dies."

That's an honest, respectable answer. I really like the guy.

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement
Old 10-05-2010, 02:51 PM  

Alta Loma, CA
Mikes Automotive in Upland on 11th st. Been going to him for about 20yrs... honest guy good service... prices have increased a little bit but still in line.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:51 PM  

Rancho Cucamonga, California
General? or European, Japanese, American specific?
Old 11-24-2010, 01:28 PM  

Riverside, California
Ultimate Performance over in De Anza (Off Limonite) is who I would recommend, met them when trying to get my mom's vehicle back to being road worthy, they took great care of her and not once did they B.S. or seem as they were ripping her off.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:11 PM  

I have had really good service from Golden State Smog in Temecula. The owner is really nice and they don't seem like people who would rip you off. Been going there for a few years (all of my family) I was referred from someone else who has been using them for many years. And no, they don't do only smog, all kinds of service
Old 12-28-2010, 06:32 PM  

No such thing!!!

Pep-Boys have always treated me well. All though I've heard there is a fair amount of variability from shop to shop, everyone that I've been to has satisfied me for much cheaper than the dealership mechanics.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:34 PM  

Al and Lee in Upland. Honest and reasonable...... so far.

As far as a great smog station, give Z Smog in Upland a chance. Been there 5 x so far.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:49 PM  

For a high end Porsche, Audi, or BMW, I highly recommend visiting Ray at German Autoworks in the City of Upland. I've known him for nearly 30 years, and he is as honest as they come, with reasonable pricing.

Inland Empire | German Autoworks
Old 01-26-2011, 02:45 PM  

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Toytech 2 in Bloomington. There on Valley blvd. just east of Alder. Levi owns the shop, good guy. I've taken my Camry there for the past two years and he has been very honest.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Inland Empire
Bookmark this Page!