Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Inland Empire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2010, 02:29 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm in the Marine Corps, currently stationed in Hawaii on the island of Oahu at Co. I, Marine Corps Support Batallion -- Korean Cryptologic Linguist

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-13-2010, 08:38 AM  

Hemet, Ca
I had a friend stationed in Hawaii. When we were in school they asked for two volenteers and of course you never volenteer in the military, usually its always bad. My buddy and another Marine raised their hands and they told them your going to Hawaii. I guess its not always bad to volunteer. LOL

Old 12-13-2010, 11:59 AM  

Temecula, California
Great Thread...USMC '90-'96

First, let me say that this is a great idea for a thread. Everytime I speak with someone who has served we have instant rapport. There is a real brotherhood through military service. I will always look back at my time in with cherished memories (though I know there was a lot of misery while I was in), the good times really overshadow the bad. I have friends that I stay in touch with and it helped me to grow.

I regularly tell people who are thinking of joining that the military is a magnifying glass, either your faults or your proficiencies will be magnified, it is up to you to decide based on your attitude.

I have many more thoughts on this...let's keep this thread going and get others in on the discussion.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:17 PM  

Hemet, Ca
What unit were you with Rolexor?

I was in from 1992-1996 11th Marines
Old 12-16-2010, 07:18 AM  

Success, Missouri
Originally from IE, Army 12 years and now a Department of Army Civilian.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:33 PM  

Wildomar, CA
about to retire after 22 years... USMC.. avionics.. purchasing a home in Wildomar..
Old 12-17-2010, 10:18 AM  

Temecula, California
Well there's a little story to my time in...

I went to Boot Camp in July 1990, the world was at peace. I was thinking I'll serve my time and finish my degree while I'm in. Then Iraq invades Kuwait. I remember they were unsure of the losses in combat. They asked for volunteers to switch their MOS to Tanks, because they expected heavy losses.

My MOS was Admin, so I could work anywhere. My first duty station was MCRD San Diego. No danger there, but I'll tell you that was one KICK ASS place to work. The barracks were nice, you were right in the middle of everything, the beach was 5-10 mins away. I used to surf everyday at lunch.

Then Somalia lit up and I got orders to Camp Pendleton. I forgot the unit but it was at Camp Margarita, that was the winter the bridge near where Basilone and Vandegrift meet got washed out from the heavy rains, and the airfield was under water. I was only there for a couple of months, before I was transferred to 1/9 - The Walking Dead. I went on float and while we were out the Black Hawk Down incident happened, so our ARG went at full speed across the Indian Ocean. You had to tie yourself into your rack, the waves were so big.

I got back from float volunteered for the next float going out (1/4) so that when we returned I could transfer to a base unit and get back on track with my schooling (going to school in a deployable unit is almost impossible). That was a great float! I got back from that and I was FAP'ed to the MP's. I was only there for 3 months, but that was an interesting experience. I went back to my unit and soon got orders to Division Schools as their administrator. I was there for 6 months and got out.

I skipped all the good stories, like my buddy and a transsexual, or me another Cpl hazing a Sgt. Eating goat for Christmas Eve (not recommended). I'm laughing as I think back to all of this stuff.

Good Times
Old 12-17-2010, 12:27 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Uh-oh, are we starting to share stories?

Because I'm still in the Corps. I got stories every day all day baby. Marine Corps foolishness.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-18-2010, 08:53 AM  

Virginia
Great thread! I grew up in Cucamonga California - yes I know, it's now called Rancho Cucamonga. Well, when I left in 1980 it was still - the Rancho. I joined the Navy in 1980 and retired in 2000. I retired out of Camp Lejeune NC, but ended up relocated in Northern Virginia and have no plans on ever leaving. I love Virginia.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:59 PM  

Hemet, Ca
Anyone stationed in Southern California. Who made it to the Cowboy Boogie in Anahiem?

My buddies and I would pack into a car start drinking ( had a designated driver of course) as soon as we got released on Friday and spend the weekend partying at the boogie. I remember we would all pitch in and get a room at the Rip Van Wynkle. LMAO..... What a wild time.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Inland Empire
Bookmark this Page!