Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Introduction
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2010, 07:51 PM  

Port Richey, Florida
Hello From Florida via Wisconsin

Hello all. Just learned of this forum through another forum I participate in. I'm now living in Florida after being born and raised in Wisconsin. Perhaps I can keep up with what's going on in both states now...

Old 10-21-2010, 08:30 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
hi! welcome!

Old 10-21-2010, 08:35 PM  

Port Richey, Florida
Thanks for the welcome jeepcache. I can see now I'm gonna experience a lot of pent-up "homesickness" for my birth state because of this forum...
Old 10-21-2010, 08:37 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
ya this place will do that to ya. im in the same boat as you, execpt my home state is Oregon
Old 10-21-2010, 09:05 PM  

Port Richey, Florida
...LOL...At least you're in relatively the same latitude jeepcache...Down here it's like a different world altogether...
Old 10-21-2010, 09:10 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
i just got stationed here from arkansas, and you're right. i couldnt get out of the south fast enough...
Old 10-21-2010, 10:00 PM  

Port Richey, Florida
I kind of think that the loss of "seasons" makes the biggest difference to me. Each season seemed to direct a certain path you would take for the next few months.

In spring we fished for bluegills on the beds or walleyes during their runs to spawn, in the summer we laid back and waited for the tomatoes, apples and corn to ripen, in the fall we foraged for mushrooms and hazel nuts and looked for the BIG muskies and got set for the Thanksgiving feast, in the winter we got the snow blowers ready and did a bit of ice fishing.

Here in Florida...you hide indoors from the incessant heat and humidity...ALL YEAR LONG...
Old 10-22-2010, 07:42 AM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrylS View Post
I kind of think that the loss of "seasons" makes the biggest difference to me. Each season seemed to direct a certain path you would take for the next few months.

In spring we fished for bluegills on the beds or walleyes during their runs to spawn, in the summer we laid back and waited for the tomatoes, apples and corn to ripen, in the fall we foraged for mushrooms and hazel nuts and looked for the BIG muskies and got set for the Thanksgiving feast, in the winter we got the snow blowers ready and did a bit of ice fishing.

Here in Florida...you hide indoors from the incessant heat and humidity...ALL YEAR LONG...
Tell me about it! A year ago this month I went to Florida for one day (family emergency) and was sooooo glad to get back to my 100F @ 10% humidity weather here in the Phx area.

As for the '4 seasons' thing; no thanks. I am from the Mid Atlantic area (Wash DC) and hated snow and cold growing up there hence my leaving back in the 1970's for California.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:23 AM  

Port Richey, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

As for the '4 seasons' thing; no thanks. I am from the Mid Atlantic area (Wash DC) and hated snow and cold growing up there hence my leaving back in the 1970's for California.
...I have to agree with your sentiments towards the snow and cold. I really didn't enjoy the 3 am snow-blowing escapades or the 32 mile slip n slide trips to work each day...but if I could bottle the other three ( 3 ) seasons I'd become a man with a constant smile on my face...
Old 10-22-2010, 06:44 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrylS View Post
...I have to agree with your sentiments towards the snow and cold. I really didn't enjoy the 3 am snow-blowing escapades or the 32 mile slip n slide trips to work each day...but if I could bottle the other three ( 3 ) seasons I'd become a man with a constant smile on my face...
Most of California, Arizona and southern Nevada have the '3 season' climate you may be looking for-----------no real winters.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Introduction
Bookmark this Page!