Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Introduction
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-18-2011, 05:21 PM  
Traveler

Hi/Already in trouble?

I made a lengthy post in the Atlanta business forum. It has already disappeared.

No, I didn't take the time to read all the 'rules'--I was thinking and just made a post. 1st one.

It seems that other posts in that forum no longer exists--what gives?

Are there Moderators---it is not clear to me what can/cannot be posted---no advertising was involved.

I had a strange experience in a similar forum. I won't even think of going through anything like that again. I taught middle school and won't post with those of the maturity of my adolescent students, I can tell you that.

Any assistance in learning how this forum works would be appreciated.

Perhaps it is not for me? I found it randomly. The way it is set up is identical to the strange forum --so I am apprehensive.

I do believe that a Newbie--making a first post is entitled to some type of guidance and counsel. Others may not see it the same way-- I need to know right away--before I encounter problems or create them.

spanx

addy

Old 06-18-2011, 05:25 PM  

I see another post you have written in the Atlanta, Georgia section, which already has a reply to it. Is this what you are referring to?

By the way....Welcome!

Old 06-18-2011, 05:25 PM  
Traveler

As a moderator here, I looked at your first post with suspicion, but found nothing wrong with it. I believe it may have been a matter of mistaken identity. I'll mention this to the other moderators and see if we can get that post back up for you. In the meantime, welcome to the forum!
Old 06-18-2011, 05:27 PM  
Traveler

Are you referring to this post Addy? http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/atl...usiness-17598/
Old 06-19-2011, 11:29 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
Are you referring to this post Addy? http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/atl...usiness-17598/
that be the one.

you have all been too kind and I now have a new vocation. lol--i knew this was the right place for me. serendipitous day.

all i have to do is write my stories and go 'somewhere'--I'll think of that later and start telling them.

'addy miller' I made the name up and then learned it belongs to the actress that starred in 'The Secret Life of Bees'. doggone it---that is one of my stories. I have been researching my family---mostly my mother's --she's still kicking but they just won't tell me the secrets. I have to know. What esoteric people---they are hiding something. Originally came over here from Manchester, UK--but why? Probably in a rage at something political. The Corn Laws were passed in 1839 that could have sent one them off on a ship.
I think they left before that. Around the time of Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson. I hope one of them was like Paul Revere, my favorite figure that is featured in Colonial America.

thanks again--I needed an internet home. 'City Data'--just was too good, grew too much. I helped it grow for 4/5 years. I am good--people must have heard of my brilliance and flocked to City Data
Old 06-19-2011, 04:04 PM  
Traveler

You need to grab your Mama and head to a "Story Corps" engagement and have her tell her story, even if you have to coax it. Your Ma is from one of the most fascinating of generations that really intrigue me to the core.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:21 PM  

Reading, PA
Welcome to the site.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:45 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
[QUOTE=addymiller;111788]....are there Moderators---it is not clear to me what can/cannot be posted---no advertising was involved...

Yes there are, and the rules are posted all over the place:

http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/faq...#faq_rules_tos

You'll do fine

Welcome!
Old 09-14-2011, 01:43 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome, brother!

I hope that you find this site as great as the rest of us do, but I'm sure that you will!

You've gotta try pretty hard to get in trouble around here We're all pretty forgiving.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Introduction
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads