Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Introduction
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-20-2010, 02:58 PM  

Lafe, Arkansas
Last town

I am at my last town. Lafe Arkansas is 350 people and mostly rural. One gas station, one restaurant. Not really used to small towns since I lived in Toledo Ohio for years and then Ocala Florida for 11 years. Been here for 6 years and love the privacy of being outside of any town.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:23 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Welcome! I know you from PlumbingForum!

Old 10-20-2010, 05:41 PM  

What is this Plumbing Forum you are speaking of?
Old 10-20-2010, 05:46 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
i spent 6 years in the lttle rock area. welcome!
Old 11-07-2010, 02:27 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome, brother! Man, I must say that you're living my dream! As soon as I get out of the Corps, my family and I plan on moving to the country and buying some land.

I went to college in a town of about 500, about half of that population was just staff/faculty/students of the actual college. One gas station, one "general store", and that was pretty much it. I loved it - not even a police force, just a highway trooper drove through the streets once every few days. Everyone waved at everyone driving by - it's what America should be nowadays.

So, with that said, I envy you, and welcome to the forum! I hope that you can contribute to a lot of our discussions - we sure could use a good rural view on a lot of issues we discuss around here - too many Californians in there, y'know what I mean?

Welcome again, my friend.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-16-2010, 06:41 PM  

Silverdale, WA
Can't wait to move back to somewhere a bit smaller.

My wife isn't much on being too remote, but I imagine I will find a place a few miles out of a larger city so that I can be close to the convenience, but not too close to the traffic, people, etc...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Introduction
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.