Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2010, 03:42 PM  

Jacksonville, FL
Good eats

I've lived in Jacksonville most of my life and one thing I used to enjoy was trying all the different local restaurants. It's been a while and I'd like to get back into the swing of things and need some suggestions. Anywhere from the bistros at the Beaches to the patios in Avondale, post up your favorite local places to eat (no national chains; local joints only). Give me the location, meal suggestion and any pointers you may have. I'll start it out with one of my favorites.

Moss Fire Grill:

This is a long standing local favorite of mine in the historic Five Points area (Riverside) on Margaret St. Tex-Mex is the fare and I'd have to suggest the fish tacos as one of my favorites. My wife seems to get down on a bean burrito or the nachos when we go. Best time to eat is in the late afternoon upstairs on the deck when it's nice and cool out.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:25 PM  

Fleming Island, Florida
I'm a Jacksonvile native myself and love it here.

Moss Fire is great. When it's not so hot it's great to sit outside on the upper deck. Kudos on the fish tacos.

Pastiche:

My favorite local place, located on Hendricks Avenue. Small place with great ambience (eat outside on the patio!!) Of course the reason you pick a restaurant is the food and this eatery is fantastic. You can BYOB for a corkage fee. If I could eat at any place in Jax I would choose Pastiche.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:06 AM  

Jacksonville, FL
Hendricks? Did they move recently from Herschel St.?
Old 09-24-2010, 02:24 PM  

St. Augustine, Florida
If you're in St. Augustine

Down in the St. Auggie area, check out Harry's on the riverfront. Nothing bad on the menu there, just MHO.

Bryan.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:00 PM  

jacksonville, florida
clarks fish camp is very good.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:37 AM  

Saint Johns, Florida
Our favorite places are

Al's Pizza in Mandarin - for pizza obviously

Times Grill at 9A - for burgers and malts

South Beach Bar and Grill, love their Breakers salad with blackened Tilapia

Bonefish grill in Mandarin, fish and chips, and bang bang shrimp.. occasionally chocolate cream brulee

Mama Fu's lettuce wraps and thai shrimp, but most everything there is good.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:35 AM  

Florida
Is Clark's still going through renovations?
Old 10-06-2010, 02:12 PM  

Jacksonville, FL
Long before Guy Fieri took his "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" show to Jacksonville, I have been a huge fan of Culhane's out in Atlantic Beach. Great atmosphere, awesome food and the sisters who own it have always treated me like family. Check out their brunch that they serve on the weekend. Remember, you can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
Also, to comment on a previous Mossfire Grill recommendation, the smoked gouda quesadilla that I had last night was amazing!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:29 PM  

Orange Park, Florida
Blue Boys subs. SOOO good. Theres one downtown and one on the northside, but can't remember where. My dad always took me there and it was soo good. HUGE subs too.

Also, 3rd street diner on North 3rd st on jax beach. That is a delicious place.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:28 AM  

jacksonville, florida
burrito gallery

If you like mexican, go to burrito gallery. I just came from Yuma,AZ where real mexican food is and im telling you, burrito grill is the best you can get in jacksonville.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Bookmark this Page!