Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2010, 02:57 PM  

Jacksonville, Florida
Surf Fishing

I just moved to Jacksonville. Where are the best spots to surf fish around here during October and November?

Old 10-08-2010, 11:44 PM  

Middleburg, Florida
I'm not to sure about Jax Beach but Vilano Beach in St. Aug is good surf fishing. I used to go every Sunday to relax before I started my CJ7 Frame up build. I'd like to go soon though so if you would like to go PM me and I'll give you my number.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:45 AM  

Middleburg, Florida
I'm Nicks little brother, surf fishing is pretty good a Vilano as I've gone with him several times. I remember when we were down in Juno Beach in the Palm Beach area in December it got quite cold here in Jacksonville and I guess the Pompano ran south because we were catching a ton of them. Pompano is our favorite, we catch pomps at Vilano from time to time. Reds, whiting, sharks, flounder and unfortunately sea cats are what we normally catch at Vilano with the occasional Pompano.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:41 AM  

Jacksonville, Florida
Fishing

Thanks for the info. I'll have to make some time and check out some of the spots. I'll let you know when I go.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:38 AM  

Orange Park, Florida
Huguenot Park off hecksher drive is a good spot to surf fish.
I used to go fishing there ALL the time with my dad and always caught something.
Beware of the jellyfish though. You are allowed to drive on the beach there and its something like $5 to get in.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:02 PM  

Jacksonville, Florida
A few people have mentioned Huguenot Park . I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:26 PM  

Jacksonville, Fl
Good fishing...."secret place" is across from the Gate station as you head south on A1A from Ponte Vedra.

Almost always catch something...as to the exact hole, you'll have to pry that secret from my cold, fishy-smelling, rod....
Old 10-26-2010, 07:53 AM  

jacksonville, florida
Whiting is pretty much what you'll catch the closer you head to Vilano/St. Auggie.

Heugenot, there's a bit more variety.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:30 AM  

Middleburg, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupintart View Post
Whiting is pretty much what you'll catch the closer you head to Vilano/St. Auggie.

Heugenot, there's a bit more variety.
I've caught quite a variety in St. Auggie/Vilano area. Last time I went I caught a ton of sharks. But I catch pompano, flounder, whiting, sea cat (hate them) and reds.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:39 AM  

Anywhere in Guana

Atlantic beach up at 18th, 19th, 20th st.

huguenot park

Little Talbot

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads