Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Johnson City / Kingsport / Bristol
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2010, 01:29 PM  

johnson city, tn
johnson city tn

hi folks,

wondering if there is anyone else here from johnson city or northeast tn?

Old 10-06-2010, 01:54 PM  

Hiltons, Virginia
Well I'm living in VA at the moment but I grew up in Boones Creek just outside of Johnson City. Actually the city limits are now just accross the street from where I grew up. I know JC has changed a lot since that time!!

Old 10-14-2010, 11:16 PM  

clarksville, TN
I dont live there now, but i drive through there when i visit family in NC. I do really like the area and wouldnt mind moving around there after i retire>
Old 10-15-2010, 10:39 PM  

Parrottsville, Tennessee
I live just to the south of you and I get to Johnson City when I can, great town. I also like Jonesborough and Erwin to your east.

Scott
Old 10-15-2010, 10:53 PM  
Dweller

Oregon City, Oregon
I really enjoyed living in Unicoi myself. JC was a great small city.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:59 AM  

Edgewater, FL
Johnson City is one of the places that my husband and I were thinking of going due to the proximity of Bristol. We had an opportunity to buy a home near Bybee......but when we got there, we could hear the banjo music playing real loud. And most of the people were not real friendly. Others were really friendly. Then we heard the schools were really bad in that area (I know, it is isolated there). But it pretty much put us off the area. Plus the unemployment rate was a bit higher. Still, I thought it was one of the most beautiful I have seen.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:33 PM  

Jonesborough, Tennessee
Jonesborough here...did you put in a request for Tri Cities to be added?
Old 11-02-2010, 09:52 PM  

Johnson Cit, Tennessee
I'm new here but i'm in Johnson City as well.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:37 PM  

Jonesborough, Tennessee
We nee 13 mor requests to get a Tri Cities forum

http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/ten...y-request.html
Old 12-09-2010, 09:31 PM  

Johnson Cit, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickstand View Post
Johnson City is one of the places that my husband and I were thinking of going due to the proximity of Bristol. We had an opportunity to buy a home near Bybee......but when we got there, we could hear the banjo music playing real loud. And most of the people were not real friendly. Others were really friendly. Then we heard the schools were really bad in that area (I know, it is isolated there). But it pretty much put us off the area. Plus the unemployment rate was a bit higher. Still, I thought it was one of the most beautiful I have seen.
You obviously went to all of the wrong places. Ive never heard banjo music in the city, and I have been to 30 of the 50 states so far and have never been anywhere that people have been friendier in general. I know there are some bad people everywhere. As for the school, the county schools are pretty bad but the schools in the city are some of the best public schools anywhere.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Johnson City / Kingsport / Bristol
Bookmark this Page!