Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2010, 10:12 AM  

Kansas City, MO
Country Club Plaza

Anyone else in love with the area? GREAT shopping.
Also, lots of dining options...
I went last week and tried the melting pot, good old fondue. It was awesome. They are only open for dinner, but when you visit try the chocolate fondue. It's the best.
If you're in the mood for a coffee break, try out scooters. They have a really good chai latte and an array of dessert options.
Last suggestion, if you can afford $50/ a plate, Fogo de Chao is a great experience. They just keep piling on the meat, you don't leave that place hungry TO SAY THE LEAST!
What's your favorite place in the area??

Old 12-07-2010, 04:31 PM  

Shawnee, KS
It took me 6 years of living here to find it, but Unity Temple on the Plaza is one of my favorite places. Non-denominational service on Sunday and Meditation classes every day of the week. Something for everyone and have lunch on the plaza when you are done.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:56 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
how is the Country club plaza now ?
I havent been there in years, to many Illegals and gangbangers when I lived there.
I hope they have cleaned the area up, it could a really nice area
Old 12-08-2010, 11:15 AM  

Kansas City, MO
The Plaza is always a great time. It's a great place to go with friends or family from out of state because it has a little something for everyone. As far as illegals and gang bangers, can't say I've seen them hanging out at the plaza, but I've only lived here for two years now.

The only thing I know that kind of irks me about the Plaza is the new building proposed by a local law firm that would not fit with the architectural design of the plaza. A lot of people see it as a sign of things to come with the Plaza losing it's unique appeal as time goes by.

Cheers

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Bookmark this Page!