Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-24-2010, 11:56 AM  

Olathe, Kansas
McCoys all the way!

Old 12-08-2010, 10:39 AM  

Kansas City, MO
KC is really only has two brewpubs to speak of, Mccoys and 75th St. We really could use some more. Our beer bar scene has improved greatly over the last couple of years. The new Beer Kitchen is really good

Old 12-08-2010, 11:06 AM  

Kansas City, MO
I actually prefer 75th Street Brewery to most brew pubs in the area. It could be that I live close enough to take advantage of all the pubs on 75th Street. However, they have a great deal for locals who want to join their Mug Club. I'm a big IPA fan and I've always been pleased with the IPA's at 75th Street Brewery. However, for a great night out for dinner, Waldo Pizza and their bar The Tap Room is always a great combination. The Tap Room typically has a Bell's brew on tap and I've never been wronged by Bell's.

Cheers.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:18 AM  

Kansas City, MO
Oh, one more thing...a little bit of drive north of KC, but worth the trip IMO is Weston. The Weston Brewing Company is a great time, beers okay, but it's definitely a fun time.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:30 PM  

not really brewpubs to say, but I was always a fan of Granite City for a more upscale style brewpub, also for the selection of beer you cant beat Barley's Brewhuas on renner in Shawnee.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:37 AM  

Independence, MO
I suppose I should have titled the thread a little more clearly. Beerpubs, brewpubs, anywhere good beer is served and/or brewed is what I meant.

Thanks for posting. I've been to a couple of the places listed, but will have to try some of the others.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:29 PM  

BS, MO
I liked Hops when it was in Independence. Been gone for a while now, I think there is still one in OP, but not sure and have never been there. Granite City is neat place, not my personal favorite for character, beer selection is great.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:49 PM  

Sedalia, Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxstar21 View Post
Not quite KC area, but Free State in Lawrence is pretty good. Its been a few years since I have been back home.
Agreed. Freestate is a great brewpub. I, like many others on here enjoy Flying Saucer. If anyone ever makes it down to Sedalia, stop in at 5th Street Brew Pub on the corner of Ohio and 5th street. Great establishment for our small town.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:29 PM  

lees summit, missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtupper View Post
not really brewpubs to say, but I was always a fan of Granite City for a more upscale style brewpub, also for the selection of beer you cant beat Barley's Brewhuas on renner in Shawnee.
We stopped at Granite City last year on Memorial Day. The food is fantastic!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:19 AM  

Belton, MO
I'm a fan of McCoy's and Flying Saucer. Although I spend most of my time at Old Chicago off of Metcalf. Beers are a little pricey there but it's close to me and they bring in beers from local brewerys every once in awhile to mix it up.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.