Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2010, 02:35 PM  
KC Born and Raised!

Kansas City, MO
Where Do We Go From Here?

After yesterdays embarrassment in Denver, do you think the Chiefs can still win the division? I think we'll beat Denver and Oakland at Arrowhead, but we still have to play San Diego on the road. And they're getting ready to get Gates back.

Thoughts???

Old 11-15-2010, 02:57 PM  

Kansas City, MO
It seems like defenses are starting to figure out how to shut down the run. Unless the KC offense becomes a bit more versatile, I don't see the Chiefs sticking around for the playoffs.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:06 PM  
KC Born and Raised!

Kansas City, MO
Sadly, I think you're right. D's are going to put 8 in the box on us and dare Castle to throw the ball. Bowe is starting to figure things out ('bout time, only been 4 years!), and Moiaki (SP?) is becoming a legit TE, but not sure if we can become a consistent playoff contender with our current QB.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:18 PM  

Independence, MO
Castle needs to get better at throwing the ball. It seems like every time he goes long, he over throws it, and the same thing when throwing toward the sideline.

Last week was pure embarassment. Denver is usually a tough game for us on the road, but that was ridiculous. And for Haley to act the way he did was even more embarassing. His poor sportsmanship made national news.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:10 AM  

Atlanta, Georgia
My thoughts on the Denver game. IMHO it was a perfect storm. First, injuries. Denver was a very banged up football team the first half of the season. They got healthy going into that game...they got Moreno back, and I think a couple of starting O lineman. we are on the opposite side of that. we are not a deep team, and we went into that game rotating two free safties that were on the practice squad a couple of weeks ago, and our starting strong safety is a rookie(albeit a talented one)...also Brian Waters left in the first half, and we still don't have Macluster back.
Second, Denver was a desperate team, and plyed like it. This was their ticket back into the race...it was in their building.
Finally, Josh Mcdaniels knows Charley Weiss and Romeo Crennel very well...he put together an excellent game plan.
Combine all that with a dash of complacency from a Chiefs team that thought they could walk into Denver and win like they did last year, and it all adds up to a blowout.

As far as the season goes, my attitude is this. We are only two or three wins from where I thought we would be. It might be that this team is not as good as the 3-0 start, and not as bad as the last three games have looked. Probably somewhere in the middle. I think we have an outside shot at the division...but San Diego is hot right now, and they have a pretty easy schedule..

Overall, I am very happy with the progress of the team. GO CHIEFS!!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:45 PM  

Blue Springs, MO, Missouri
I don't think they'll win division, but I thought they'd struggle for 8-8. They're having a decent year and its been a while since we've seen good football in KC. They'll get there.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:20 PM  

Waianae, HI
I was surprised how well they started, but figured they would have problems. They should not have spent so much on Cassel. Bowe has had his share of drops as well.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:09 AM  

Blue Springs, MO, Missouri
I don't thnk Cassel is the problem. They did spend too much though. Bowe is either red hot or terrible. They have no deep threat.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:47 PM  

Maryville, Missouri
Cassel doesn't give up the ball, and thats what KC needs, the RB's are good enough to run and open the pass for Cassel. Look at what he did vs. Arizona (I know they suck, but who in our division doesn't). KC could go 5-1 to finish the year, and make the playoffs.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:13 AM  

St. Louis, MO
Hopefully that Denver games serves as a wakeup call. I still hope/think they will win the division. Anyone see the picture they showed in the Monday night game of Haley refusing to shake hands with Denvers coach after that loss?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads