Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2011, 05:26 AM  

Topeka, Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by notalus View Post
When you get your CC you have the choice of getting it stated on your DL or getting an ID just for the CC
We moved last summer and I updated my DL on line. When I renewd CCW they said I had to update my drivers license as well ... told them I had updated it on line and the clerk said the address on my DL and CCW had to match.

I asked about combining my CCW and DL and was told because DL is good for 6 years and the CCW is only good for 4 years it has caused some problems and they are no longer combining them ... and that way they can charge you for both

Old 01-25-2011, 08:18 AM  

One concern I have over a concealed carry permit is that the gun has to be registered. That might be OK if it's already registered, otherwise I would purchase a new one just for the permit.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:19 AM  

Topeka, Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
One concern I have over a concealed carry permit is that the gun has to be registered. That might be OK if it's already registered, otherwise I would purchase a new one just for the permit.
No registration in Kansas ... and you can carry whatever pistol you want.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:48 PM  

Colorado
Sure wouldnt mind having one...but of course I live in Colorado, but just a few miles from Kansas, so having one for there would help, since we go through often.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:02 PM  

Lebanon, Tn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_0311 View Post
Found this on the Sedgwick County Sheriff's site, should be up to date. Handgun Concealed Carry Permits - Sedgwick County, Kansas Sheriff's Office
This looks to be about the same as Tn i got mine back in 1997, and the list of requirements you have seem to be the same. I havent seen any current info though.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:25 PM  

Wichita, Kansas
You could just join some type of law enforcement and have a lifetime ccp
Old 01-27-2011, 08:13 AM  

BTW Jake, thank you for serving!
Old 01-27-2011, 05:02 PM  

we need a month waiting period on all gun sales if you ask me
Old 01-28-2011, 01:16 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
BTW Jake, thank you for serving!

Thanks, brother! Your support is appreciated!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 01-28-2011, 08:24 AM  

Kansas City, Mo
Waiting periods would not have stopped the Arizona shooting or any shootings. That guy was set on trying to kill her. Gun laws only effect law abiding citizens. Most criminals are not gonna take the time to buy a gun from a store or a gun show. There gonna buy it off the black market. When you buy from gun shop or shows theres a background check and a paper trail. The firearm is traceable. There is no registration in Kansas or Missouri but the LEO can trace the gun to the buyer. A criminal will find a way to harm or kill whether if they have a gun,knife,bat,rock,fork, spoon, bare hands or even a pen.If you are a gun owner with your anti-2A views please to to the nearest gun store and sell your firearms to them.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Bookmark this Page!