Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-20-2010, 08:33 PM  

Galva, KS
Hunting

Anyone have some ideas where I can go hunting on public land around McPherson? If you're interested in a hunting partner let me know!

Old 12-25-2010, 02:59 PM  
GEF

Wichita, Kansas
Public land? Good luck. There is so little public land in Kansas (just over 1%). I think that the best way to go is to befriend someone, short of that, look to pay to hunt someone's land.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:44 PM  

may be able to fine lease able land or someone wanting to ground control animals
Old 01-04-2011, 08:54 PM  

Wichita, KS
Public land hunting is hard. there are so many hunters that push the game off it is tough. I usally try to hunt early bow season.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:26 PM  

Great Bend, Kansas
The Kansas public lands program is GREAT. We have it good in Kansas with the WIHA (Walk-In Hunting Area) program. I think there is a little over 100,000 acres enrolled in that program.

All me and my dad hunt is public land, sure some years we dont get a deer or turkey, but we get one more often than not. And the bird hunting on our public lands is great, if not some of the best land in the state.

Go pickup a Walk-in Hunting atlas and get out and hunt. If you say you cant find game, you are not trying hard enough.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:48 AM  

wichita, ks
Quote:
Originally Posted by amCJeep View Post
The Kansas public lands program is GREAT. We have it good in Kansas with the WIHA (Walk-In Hunting Area) program. I think there is a little over 100,000 acres enrolled in that program.

All me and my dad hunt is public land, sure some years we dont get a deer or turkey, but we get one more often than not. And the bird hunting on our public lands is great, if not some of the best land in the state.

Go pickup a Walk-in Hunting atlas and get out and hunt. If you say you cant find game, you are not trying hard enough.
ditto!
i usually always hunt public land! kansas has a great public land use program,
there is McPherson wetlands close to OP good for fowl and pheasant.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:59 AM  

Pittsburg, Kansas
Our Mined Land wildlife Areas over here are Great Hunting and Fishing Areas. They have everything but Pheasants.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:56 PM  

Dodge City, Ks
I am with you guy, Kansas has really dropped the ball compared to some of our neighboring states as far as state owned ground and the lack of it, they have tried to address it with the walk in hunting ground but it still is nothing to brag about.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:18 PM  

Wichita, Kansas
Best bet is to talk to find land you want to hunt and talk to the farmer and try to work out a deal. Like do some jobs for him, that kind of thing. Make sure he knows you are responsible.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:34 AM  
Mr. do it all

Oberlin, Kansas
land owner

I am an avid hunter and landowner. I will tell all of you why the vast majority of farmers hate hunters. Every year and every season many hunters drive the roads looking for animals to shoot and then drive on our lands to get the animals. Their excuse is always the same. I thought this was so and so's land. Yes bad hunters ruin it for the good ones. More and more I see out of state tags hunting our grounds and driving our roads. We just had 5 hunters from Wisconsin poach and get caught with 12 bucks. Not to mention how many more they had hidden. I live in Western Kansas and now I drive around opening weekends scaring off illegal hunters instead of hunting. It pisses me off to no end. If you want to hunt our lands. Come talk to us. Show us how much you respect private land. Bring local area maps so we know you are serious about boundries. Bring gifts before and after the hunt. Usually food or alcohol. And lastly, always call before you go out hunting and let us know when and where you plan to be. We don't like to be shot at while working cattle.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads