Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2010, 04:06 PM  

White City, Kansas
Manhattan Homebrewers?

I would like to hear from Manhattan local homebrewers. I recently started brewing and would like some help.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:25 PM  

Olathe, Kansas
I'm in Olathe and would love to help if I can. I have been Homebrewing for a few years.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:59 PM  

Lawrence, Kansas
I live in lawrence and just brewed my first beer ever. Its pretty exciting.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:04 AM  

Topeka, Kansas
Topeka Homebrewer here. I have been brewing for about two years and average 2 five gallon batches a month. Happy to help with any questions!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:37 AM  

White City, Kansas
I am looking to get a partial mash set up started. I am scavenging the equipment and going to build a three tier system when I get everything together. But until then I will continue using extract kits and cooking in the kitchen. Unfortunately my wife doesn't mind the smell of the wort and I don't create a mess, otherwise I would be able to get the equipment together a little faster if she threw me out to the garage!
Old 11-23-2010, 12:19 PM  

Wichita, Kansas
Wichita homebrewer here. A group of co-workers and I have been brewing for about two years. I am just finishing up the build on our single tier direct fired brew rig. I could try and answer any questions you might have.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:55 AM  

Olathe, KS
Olathe homebrewer here, I've been brewing for a little over a year, all grain is the way to go.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:39 AM  

Olathe, Kansas
I would agree with mrmitch on going all-grain. I'm currently using an old keg as a kettle and in the process of putting together a 3-tier system. I've done around 20 brews this year and entered one contest.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:00 AM  

Topeka, KS
Topeka homebrewer here. Relatively newer all grain brewer, but I tend to brew every weekend I am in town. Are there any homebrew clubs in the Manhattan area? I know Lawrence has an active one, and I have heard that Topeka has one as well.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:49 PM  

Kansas
Salina homebrewer here

Congrats on getting into a great hobby. Anytime you want to come down to Salina we have an active homebrewing club (Salina Brewers Guild) and have group brews from time to time. Hopefully, we'll get the webpage updated so you can check out our upcoming meetings.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads