Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2010, 01:47 PM  

mulvane, kansas
off roading?

hey just looking to see if we got any off roaders out there near wichita kansas. know of any good places that are fun and legal to play around at? we go down to the river at the k53 bridge in mulvane and play around there. lots of trails and just a fun getaway for a few hours.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:06 PM  

New Strawn, KS
I may have to make it there sometime. I live in New Strawn which is about halfway between Emporia and Ottawa.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:55 PM  

Chanute, Ks, Kansas
If you're up for a bit of a road trip...

...come out to Kansas Rocks. It is near Fort Scott and is well worth the trip. There are trails from easy enough for stock (but still fun) to extremely challenging. I am just 30 minutes away so I get out there quite a bit.

Jim
Old 10-15-2010, 08:10 PM  

Wichita, Kansas
Is it legal to wheel around near the river there?

Kansas Rocks and Tuttle Creek are the only off-road parks that I know of in KS. If there are any others, please post them!
Old 10-15-2010, 08:11 PM  

hendersonville, tn
Dang It seems like everyone around here is like 11 or more hours away lol I live in TN and everyone it forever away. Anyone live near Nashville TN?
Old 10-16-2010, 07:18 AM  

mulvane, kansas
kansas rocks is a very fun place to go too! it was the first off roading park i ever went to, it does off great challenges for stock and extreme off roaders, its 3 hours away from us, but we dont care, we go out to fort scott to go fishing on some buddies property 2-3 times a year and sometimes we'll tow the jeep just in case we get bored. great place to go!
Old 10-16-2010, 07:22 AM  

mulvane, kansas
yes it is legal to wheel around on the river, just STAY OFF THE FARMERS FIELD. many people go down there thinking oh hey theres a way out this way, WRONG. the farmer does not complain bout people driving on the edge of his field, but we try to tell everybody who goes down there to not do it. theres not any rock crawling or stuff like that unless you make it urself on the south side of hte bridge, most if it is sand and dirt trails, but, there are tons of mud bogs out there, stuff people in 31s can easily get through all the way up to if you have 35s you'll be boating! its just a nice place to get away for a few hours. plus, the guy who owns the land does not mind us going back there, he is an elderly man who has been letting ppl go back and hang out back there for 40+ years, he just says dont let it get burnt down or dont do anything to get kicked off it!
Old 10-16-2010, 08:06 AM  

Kansas City, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeshaw009 View Post
yes it is legal to wheel around on the river, just STAY OFF THE FARMERS FIELD. many people go down there thinking oh hey theres a way out this way, WRONG. the farmer does not complain bout people driving on the edge of his field, but we try to tell everybody who goes down there to not do it. theres not any rock crawling or stuff like that unless you make it urself on the south side of hte bridge, most if it is sand and dirt trails, but, there are tons of mud bogs out there, stuff people in 31s can easily get through all the way up to if you have 35s you'll be boating! its just a nice place to get away for a few hours. plus, the guy who owns the land does not mind us going back there, he is an elderly man who has been letting ppl go back and hang out back there for 40+ years, he just says dont let it get burnt down or dont do anything to get kicked off it!
Sounds like a nice open-minded guy. Wish there were more landowners like that
Old 10-16-2010, 09:25 AM  

Kansas City, Kansas
Kansas Rocks at Ft. Scott is definitely worth the trip if you haven't been there yet. It's a lot further, but Tuttle Creek is awesome and is worth an overnighter IMO.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:06 PM  

mulvane, kansas
yeah, i'm just hoping it stays like that, its a fun place, hate to see it go down

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Bookmark this Page!