Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-13-2011, 08:21 AM  

mulvane, kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lateralus3 View Post
ive been to kansas rocks once and it was awesome but when i went to go to tuttle creek it was all flooded out. 2 hour drive for nothing
Kansas rocks is a great place to go! we love it out there just as much as tuttle creek. Yes you need to beware that the park is right on the lake literally, so be sure to call aroudn up there and see how the park is before you waste time and drive up there for it to be closed down. If its just a little water dont worry about it, because its pretty much all rock bottom where the lake comes up, so you wont sink or anything or get stuck.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:56 AM  

wichita, ks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurrenteed View Post
Speaking of farmer's fields, one of my buddies in high school decided to drive down a "farm road, minimum maintenance" out by Tonganoxie, KS. When it says farm road, that means that it is county owned but maintained by the farmer (at least in LV county it is). After getting his 2 year old lifted Dodge Ram 4x4 on 35's buried in mud on said road, the farmer politely came down and offered to pull him out for $500. He declined... That night, his precious truck was destroyed with a shotgun. Insurance told him to suck it since he wasn't on an actual road. Lost his ars on that one.

Lesson learned, don't piss off farmers.
i would have paid said farmer a little visit too!

Old 01-15-2011, 10:17 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
I would have to wonder if he tore up the farm road by four-wheeling with his truck. We had people tear up farm fields and lanes all the time when we lived in the country. Sorry, but If I could have caught them, I would have done more than shoot up their truck. These kind of people make it hard for anyone who wants to four-wheel to find a place. They have no respect for property.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:29 PM  

Kansas City, Ks
Since none of you seem to be any type of club members can you at least tell me where these places are located.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:46 AM  

mulvane, kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro View Post
Since none of you seem to be any type of club members can you at least tell me where these places are located.

Heres a map to kansas rocks Directions

heres to tuttle creek
Old 01-16-2011, 05:11 PM  

Kansas City, Ks
Thanks I Appreciate it !
Old 01-16-2011, 09:04 PM  

salina, kansas
Are there any Jeep or off road clubs near Salina? I have a Jeep TJ and I want to find some people to go off roading with; I havent been since I moved to Kansas a couple of years ago.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:46 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by paskalee View Post
Are there any Jeep or off road clubs near Salina? I have a Jeep TJ and I want to find some people to go off roading with; I havent been since I moved to Kansas a couple of years ago.
a simple google search and this came up:
New Page 1

Ive wheeled with the Trail Krawlers, great group of people
Old 01-17-2011, 09:17 AM  

Ft. Riley, Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by paskalee View Post

You could also try Flint Hills Jeep Club

They are pretty spread out through the state but they're a good group of guys. A bunch of us military guys are members and we usually have our meetings at Randolph then go wheeling at Tuttle Creek after.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:05 PM  

Manhattan, Kansas
I'm going to school at k-state and have been known to head to tuttle on occasion and would recommend it...I know a lot of people who swear by kansas rocks...Kansas rocks you have to pay but they do have on site camping

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.