Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-18-2011, 03:05 PM  

Lawrence, KS
I'm going to Tuttle this coming weekend. It will be my first trip to an ORV park. I'm pretty pumped about it!

Old 01-18-2011, 09:37 PM  

overland park, kansas
My buddy thought he saw a legal mud spot some where around Paola anyone know about that?

Old 01-19-2011, 08:04 AM  

Lawrence, KS
Does anyone know of any easy trail, just basic dirt and trees... near or around the Lawrence area? I don't get very far these days with the wife and kids... so Randolph is a very special trip...
Old 01-19-2011, 02:51 PM  

Ft. Riley, Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by scifone View Post
I'm going to Tuttle this coming weekend. It will be my first trip to an ORV park. I'm pretty pumped about it!
Make sure you go with a buddy (in another vehicle) and have your recovery gear. Gonna be interesting out there with all this snow. Wish I could go with you!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:14 AM  

Lawrence, KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
Make sure you go with a buddy (in another vehicle) and have your recovery gear. Gonna be interesting out there with all this snow. Wish I could go with you!
Seconded on taking or finding a buddy to go with you. Somehow it's more enjoyable to be stuck with friends.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:31 AM  

mulvane, kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepyJayhawk View Post
Seconded on taking or finding a buddy to go with you. Somehow it's more enjoyable to be stuck with friends.

it is quite nice when they pull you out =]
Old 01-20-2011, 08:46 AM  

Lawrence, KS
Yea I have a winch on my YJ and I have a buddy going in a TJ on 35s. I'll probably end up pulling him out though since I'm ARB locked front and rear and he is open.

I found an ok spot west of Lawrence near the lake. Take 6th st west out of town and when the road begins to turn to the right take the left hand turn. It's some county road. Then turn left on E 500rd and take that towards the lake. The road goes from gravel to minimum maintenance to a trail. There is some decent stuff out there but be careful if it has been raining for a while. Ask me how I know . It's all public land so nobody gets mad about us being out there and sometimes people go out there to hunt. It's nothing special but it beats driving a couple hours if you just want to play around for a bit.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:30 PM  

Wichita, Kansas
Im thinking about planning a trip to Kansas Rocks this summer.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:57 AM  
Mr. do it all

Oberlin, Kansas
rigs

why type of rigs are you guys using in these parks?
Old 01-31-2011, 08:37 AM  

mulvane, kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jek279 View Post
why type of rigs are you guys using in these parks?
our main rig we use is a 1994 jeep wrangler. 3 inch body lift. 31 inch good year wrangler authority tires (walmart special). Its got a winch, custom (when i say that i mean we built it ourselves not had somebody else make it) rock guards, tire rack, bumpers, and wheel cap covers. It's got some other mods but too many to mention. Also we took our 1994 jeep grand cherokee its got i think a 28-29 inch tire on it with no lift and its our daily driver, but we were surprised at the trails it could do up at tuttle creek. Im in the process of getting my 1997 jeep grand cherokee lifted 3.5-4 inches and put 31s or 33s (still debating) on it and some custom stuff along with a winch.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads