Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2010, 10:33 AM  

Oklahoma City
Quote:
Originally Posted by patter5 View Post
most school there are 1000+ kids but there are some private schools with 300 ish
High demand, aye? 300 kids in a private school is even a high number.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:36 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Yeah I went to a private school on the NE side of Wichita in Bel Aire back in the day, and it was about 200-300 kids K-12.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-30-2010, 10:29 AM  

Oklahoma City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Yeah I went to a private school on the NE side of Wichita in Bel Aire back in the day, and it was about 200-300 kids K-12.
Wow, the private school I went to many years back had 7 other people in my class. VERY small.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:26 PM  

Salem, OR
I was born in Wichita and lived there thru age 18. Yes, the people are great, but there are nice people everywhere.

Did you see the hail stone post? (not an occasional thing). Wichita has the most miserable weather imaginable nearly year round. Wind, high humidity, scorching temps,cold with wind chill to be envied by even North Dakota,tornados and awful thunderstorms to name just a few highlights, oh yeah floods too.

My advice? Keep moving West young man.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:56 AM  

Oklahoma City
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerjer View Post
I was born in Wichita and lived there thru age 18. Yes, the people are great, but there are nice people everywhere.

Did you see the hail stone post? (not an occasional thing). Wichita has the most miserable weather imaginable nearly year round. Wind, high humidity, scorching temps,cold with wind chill to be envied by even North Dakota,tornados and awful thunderstorms to name just a few highlights, oh yeah floods too.

My advice? Keep moving West young man.
Dang. I didn't know it was all tht. I think I have some more consideration to do, I don't think I can handle that abuse year around...
Old 10-05-2010, 01:24 PM  

Wichita, Kansas
It's really not that bad. It's hot in the summer, cold in the winter, spring and fall are mostly nice with the occasional severe thunderstorm that you'll get anywhere else in the plains.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:10 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Yeah I agree. I don't think that the weather is all that bad. I lived there for about 5 years, and I enjoyed it.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-07-2010, 03:16 PM  

Leavenworth, KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_0311 View Post
I've been living here since 2004. In a nutshell, life here is slow but that's not necessarily a bad thing depending on what you're looking for. Cost of living is good compared to most cities of similar size. Real estate prices are okay, down right cheap compared to larger metro areas. Traffic is much better than most cities. Crime exists, but it's generally not a huge problem. For the most part it's a nice place to live.

Are there any specific things you'd like to know?
I agree with this.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:08 AM  

Oakdale, Connecticut
Lived in Wichita for about 5 years... Loved it. It is the largest city in kansas, but it honestly has a small town feel to it. Is Kellogg finished yet?
Old 10-08-2010, 08:10 AM  

Wichita, Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KasperCC View Post
Is Kellogg finished yet?
Ha! That's usually one of the first questions I hear from anyone who used to live in Wichita.

East Kellogg was finished this year. It seems weird now. I'm 32 and until this year I don't recall ever being around Kellogg and Rock and it not being under construction. I think they're planning on expanding the project out to Andover soon though, so it will eventually be back under construction and all will be right with the world again.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Bookmark this Page!