Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-31-2010, 09:57 PM  

Independence, Kansas
Whats good

Fishing,Hunting,Food. SEK is a beautiful place to ride your motorcycle.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:46 PM  

Lincoln, Nebraska
Just chimmin in.

I come down to Carbondale area often and we fish there and Pomona, Clinton, Melvern are all great water for fishing. I live in Lincoln, and Iam a life long Nebraskan, but you can't beat Kansas for great fun, and good people. Of course you will find idiots every where but for the most part Kansan's and wonderful people. Kansas City has a ton of things to do and is now too far away. Hunting for white tail is great. I don't because of out of state license costs take me out of the hunt, just as it is designed to do. I hear of all the stories and see and sample the finished meat our relatives harvest. If you like racing Topeka has a great drag strip and KC has NASCAR. If you want good Football Lincoln is only 3.5 hours North, in Big Red Country. Go Huskers.

Oscar.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:58 AM  

Colby, Ks
Not a lot of folks taking up our space that asks dumb questions like "Is there anything good in Kansas?".

:-)
Old 11-16-2010, 03:26 PM  

Mannford, Oklahoma
A real good ORV park up by Tuttle creek lake north of Manhattan and Kansas State University!
Old 11-18-2010, 08:39 PM  

Olathe, Kansas
BEER.
Free State Brewery, Little Apple and Tall Grass in Manhattn. Flying Monkey moved to Missouri but may move to Lawrence.
Witchita used to have a brewery but I think it closed.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:40 PM  

Olathe, Kansas
Most fowl is scarce but the turkey's are sick around here.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:03 PM  

Topeka, Kansas
Free State Brewery & Oklahoma Joes BBQ
These two are enough to visit KS!
Old 11-23-2010, 08:21 AM  

Topeka, KS
There is tons to do in Kansas, depending on what you want to do. It's kind of hard to find out though, unless you talk to locals. Just something I've learned after living out in Kansas for about 10 years, advertising seems to be non-existent for anything actually interesting.

Realistically I know the Topeka/Lawrence area the best as that's where I've lived.

As for Fishing, Camping, Hunting, and general outdoors I can honestly say that this area is some of the best I've been to in the country. Tons of lakes and rivers to fish in, and they really never seem to be crowded. Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks website actually has a ton of good info on where to camp and fishing. As far as hunting, my experience has generally been, you've got to know someone. There may be other options I'm not familiar with, but I've never been hunting in Kansas, only in other states. My Father in law goes hunting about every day it seems like, and he's very satisfied with it.

For general day hiking in Topeka, check out the Governor's mansion woods. Huge wooded area with your choice of well maintained to off the beaten path trails. I take my kids out there all the time and they love it. In Lawrence there are really good paved trails west of town, Lawrence parks website has pretty good info honestly.

If you are looking for a night out, or someplace to go on a date, etc, I would suggest heading to Lawrence. It's a college town, so you have the general variety that comes with that, but it has become mature enough to really have a nice atmosphere. Check out downtown Massachusetts street, it's got about everything you can think of, from regular shops during the day, to a very active night life, with live music, bars, etc.

Topeka is pretty sterile as far as night life goes, but it's slowly starting to get something together. Most of your choices for night life are chain restaurants, sports bars, or grunge bars. Topeka has some excellent Mexican restaurants, something like 37 last I counted.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:35 AM  

Silver Lake, Kansas
El Centanilias at 21st and Belle is probably the best mexican restaurant around.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:57 AM  

Olathe, KS
Kansas City has a pretty decent music scene, you should check out some bands in the area.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.