Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2011, 05:50 PM  

Why don't Kansans love Kansas?

I'm a transplant, and I love Kansas. I'm not talking sports. Sorry, but I couldn't give a fig about K-State or KU or the like. But I love the state, the geography, the weather, the straight-talking folks. I love the traffice (i.e., none). We have this great bird migratory point called Cheyenne Bottoms. It's fantastic, but the locals call it a mudhole. Why?

Old 03-04-2011, 04:28 AM  

I honestly haven't heard many people say that they don't like Kansas. I'm a native Kansan born in Marysville. I love the history of this state (refusal to become a slave state prior to the Civil War, Brown v. Board of Education are two examples of our amazing history) and I love the weather (tired of the old weather, wait 5 min. I know, old joke). I love the Flint Hills and I love the people who live in this state (almost always willing to help a person). Not sure why anyone wouldn't like this state.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:29 AM  

PS, Cheyenne bottoms is wonderful. Went there last fall with a friend of mine to do some bird watching, then got lost in the back country (had to follow the county roads, which are generally a perfect North/South, East/West grid, to get back to I-70). Anyway, I love this state.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:08 PM  

Alot of my friends through high school and college were always trash talking KS and about how they couldn't wait to get out.

I love it here, for all the reasons you said. No traffic, low cost-of-living, decent job markets, always friendly folks. Pretty good place to live. Not too many other places I'd consider living...
Old 03-15-2011, 11:09 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycount View Post
No traffic, low cost-of-living, decent job markets, always friendly folks.
All of that is MOSTLY true, but here in Manhattan (aggieville especially), it all tends to be the opposite. Unless you get out towards the edges of town, the cost of living can be quite high. It's all due to KState campus, but in the end, I wouldn't trade any of it.

I've lived in Kansas my entire life and love everything about it. The summer storms we get are really something else and with the tornado that ripped through Manhattan 2 years ago, you're forced to keep on your feet. You never know what kind of craziness will ensue!
Old 05-02-2011, 03:11 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I lived in Kansas when I was a kid for about 4 years. Since then, I've lived in Ohio, Missouri, California, Texas, and right now I'm in Hawaii - I'm in the Marine Corps, so I move around a lot.

However, I still miss Kansas! I'm planning on getting out of the Corps in 2013, and am trying to decide whether to come back to the Wichita area, or Missouri. Tough choice.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 05-13-2011, 04:52 PM  

Manhattan, kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbobs View Post
All of that is MOSTLY true, but here in Manhattan (aggieville especially), it all tends to be the opposite. Unless you get out towards the edges of town, the cost of living can be quite high. It's all due to KState campus, but in the end, I wouldn't trade any of it.

I've lived in Kansas my entire life and love everything about it. The summer storms we get are really something else and with the tornado that ripped through Manhattan 2 years ago, you're forced to keep on your feet. You never know what kind of craziness will ensue!
I love Aggieville !!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:52 AM  

wichita, ks
i dont like kansas! i have lived here 15 years, i have lived in california, wisconsin, and nebraska. not that 2 of those 3 are any better than kansas but.....

i prefer more snow in the winter and less heat in the summer and its too windy.
the lakes here are mud holes, although the hunting is great.
i dont like the wichita school sytem here either.

i will say the cost of living here is low, but.........for me all the bad things out weigh the good.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:57 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I love Kansas. I've lived all over, both before and during the military. California, Texas, Hawaii (now), Ohio, Missouri, carolina's, just to name a few.

I miss Kansas very much, specifically the Wichita area, and a town about 2 hours out of Wichita, the haviland/Pratt area.

Its got a great mix of city and country, and the people are great. I've been around, and I still plan on settling down with my family in Kansas when I get out of the Corps in 2013.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-11-2011, 03:21 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
i dont like the wichita school sytem here either.
just Wichita?
Why don't Kansans love Kansas?-fsmkansasmuseumofscience-medium.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Bookmark this Page!