Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-11-2011, 04:46 PM  
100% Gun Nut

Evansville, IN
It is just a human thing, like the grass is greener on the other side of the fence!
We all like to roam, and in our minds we think it would be better some where else.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:51 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
well I grew up on the Missouri side, had family on both sides of the line, I HATE it there. The weather sux, way to humid and hot in the summer, and its just stupid cold in the winter.
I got out of there as fast as I could (joined the army) Im now in Colorado and absolutly love it. I use to go back just, for Christmas, not anymore, I make family come out here, lol if I ever go back there, it will be to soon

Old 09-12-2011, 01:11 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
I have lived in Kansas. Driving for hours without seeing anything and putting up with the worst drivers in the world, made me go home.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:41 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
I have lived in Kansas. Driving for hours without seeing anything and putting up with the worst drivers in the world, made me go home.
The SE area of PA was settled by serfs from Germany's Palatinate region. They were good with oxen in the old country but cars..........

not so much.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:13 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
That's too bad that a lot of you guys don't like it! I love the place, and can't wait to go back!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 05-01-2013, 07:00 PM  

Overland Park, Kansas
I've lived in Kansas for my whole life, mostly in Overland Park. It's a bit of a different feel here than a lot of Kansas. I think the space has a lot of cool history, geography, and geology but I enjoy vacations to climb, bike, or ski in Colorado for summers or winters quite a bit. Could be worse... could be Iowa.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:09 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentium View Post
I've lived in Kansas for my whole life, mostly in Overland Park. It's a bit of a different feel here than a lot of Kansas. I think the space has a lot of cool history, geography, and geology but I enjoy vacations to climb, bike, or ski in Colorado for summers or winters quite a bit. Could be worse... could be Iowa.
Have they fixed the water? When I lived in the KC area, the water on the Kansas side was nasty.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:31 PM  

Overland Park, Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
Have they fixed the water? When I lived in the KC area, the water on the Kansas side was nasty.
I've never minded it, we all drink straight from the tap in my house. It can get funky in the hottest parts of a dry summer but still tolerable.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads