Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2010, 06:38 PM  

Mt. Vernon, Kentucky
Lincoln County has some Amish places too. They set up stands or one can go out to a farm and get things too. There are people around me that take cattle to be butchered.

My wife's uncle has an Amish farm near his (in Rockcastle Co.). They are some of the best people to do business with. You wont get cheated and you will walk out with what you where wanting. People can say what they want about their beliefs. But those people can really make some fantastic products.

I will advise to make sure that you are dealing with Amish though. I've met a couple Mennonite groups that don't seem to have the same penchant for quality. They look a lot alike but the women wear those odd hats that remind me of coffee filters.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:55 AM  

Louisville, Kentucky
There ain't many things that the amish do that they don't do well.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:43 PM  

Mt. Vernon, Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvrrcarknocker View Post
There ain't many things that the amish do that they don't do well.
Quoted for truth...
Old 11-10-2010, 12:28 PM  

lexington, ky
I'd love to take lessons from some of the Amish to learn some of the hands-on "lost" skills. Canning, meat preserving, growing crops - no one in my family did any of that.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:56 PM  

They are hard workers and make a lot of money where I live on farming fruits and Veggies
Old 12-07-2010, 05:40 AM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
Someone call?

Disclaimer: I'm not really Amish, people just say i look like it...
Old 01-11-2011, 03:43 PM  

Campbellsville, Ky
Well, I live near quite a few amish, they appear to be just like any other group of people to me. Some are fine people and some are crooks, and everything in between. Some do excellent work and some do shotty work.
I have seen people go buy sweet corn from them because it was "amish sweet corn" and they had the same variety in thier own garden. lol
Old 01-21-2011, 06:29 PM  

Lexington, Kentucky
Bordering the Ky river in Mercer county there's a nice place called Shakertown. they're Shakers, not Amish but they can amaze you with the same type of craftmanship.
p.s. visit Shaker Landing for a cool riverboat cruise of the Ky. river!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Bookmark this Page!