Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2010, 11:28 AM  

danville, kentucky
dead in here isn't it??

everybody deer hunting or what?

Old 11-15-2010, 08:54 AM  

Louisville, Kentucky
You would think. The Kentucky and Louisville sections are slow to take off.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:02 AM  

I heard Louisville has a museum for the bats they produce. If this is true, I'd love to see some pictures.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:32 AM  

danville, kentucky
i don't know about a museum, but the louisville slugger bats are made there. i'm not a ball fan of anykind. more into hunting and fishing myself. i think it is a shame grown men make millions playing childrens games.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:59 PM  

Louisville, Kentucky
It's the Louisville slugger museum. And it's tight. Not only do you get to make your own bat. Bu they also sell bats that they have made for all the players over the years. I bought a Babe Ruth bat a few years back.
Here is the website. Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory - Home Page - Home Page Main Content
Old 11-24-2010, 10:13 AM  

I don't like baseball, and I thought the slugger museum was lame.

Correlation? Probably.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:44 AM  

danville, kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by iftrue View Post
I don't like baseball, and I thought the slugger museum was lame.

Correlation? Probably.
i'm not anykind of a ball fan myself. i find baseball boring as all get out myself. i've never understood grown men making millions playing a childs game myself!!!
Old 11-25-2010, 12:01 PM  

west palm beach, fl
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
i'm not anykind of a ball fan myself. i find baseball boring as all get out myself. i've never understood grown men making millions playing a childs game myself!!!
i dont know about the millions part, but i can see playing a game among grown men.
competition is definitely a manly thing, and has been since men were invented.
it hink the millions of dollars thing is the fault of American citizens being one of the most entertained people in the world.
i meen, even the news here is meant to entertain.
btw, how pimp is it, that this forum has a "fishbonk" emoticon?
Old 11-30-2010, 08:03 AM  

Mt. Vernon, Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
i think it is a shame grown men make millions playing childrens games.
Try it at the level they do and tell me it's a child's game. Find a batting cage and see how many of those 90+ mph balls you can send to the wall that at a minimum is 400 feet away..

Don't get me wrong I"m not much of a fan of baseball. I just have trouble sitting and watching a game. But it's not near as easy as you might think. I do believe players in this game are overpaid just like in others. But at the least baseball players are paid much less per game with 162 (i think) games in a season. All these high player salaries only make it harder for the fans to attend games. But like in any work place that has a powerful union you will see member wages go up and the cost being force fed to the consumer.

I used to play as a kid in Knothole League but was not good enough to go any further. Like I said I don't care for watching it too often but I did really love to play. If I had been better at it I would have kept playing as long as I could have. Even going to the majors if I had the opportunity.

AS stated earlier competition is a driving force in any team sport. People like to compete against each other. It's why we try to do better at anything we do. No one remembers who won second place in anything except the one(s) that earned the 2nd spot.

I would not be so willing to call it a kids game. It's not near as easy as it looks. Players if they wish to excel have to work hard to stay in shape and practice a lot. Stamina is important with the long 100+ game season they have to play.

What about football? is that a kids game too?
Old 12-08-2010, 10:21 AM  

If you like Baseball, the museum is awesome.

If not, well then you should probably just go to the boats and play craps.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Bookmark this Page!