Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-03-2010, 02:16 PM  

danville, kentucky
snow is coming.

it's not supposed to be bad. i did go ahead and make sure i had plenty of gas on 2 stroke oil for my genny. i went and purchased two kerosene heaters today. one was at a pawn shop the other was one a friend of mine had. go $120 in two 23,000 btu heaters. i filled up all 6 of my kerosene jugs, so let it snow!!!

i looked at my weak spots during the ice storm year before last. i think i now have them covered!! the next big storm will tell the story of if i have everything covered or not!!!!

i like stuff like this. it lets me know where my weak points are in my prepping work so i can step up and fix it while i still can!!!

Old 12-04-2010, 07:11 PM  

elizabethtown, kentucky
Weak snow wish we would get a foot of it lol

Old 12-05-2010, 01:44 PM  

danville, kentucky
i wouldn't mind it myself. i'd like to take my girlfriends little boy out sled riding like we did when i was young. man remember not seeing the ground for almost a month at a time when i was young.

right now i've been testing my kerosene heaters. last night i sat one in the livingroom and let it run all night. i got up to 83 in here last night. i have a finished basement that is heated and everything. today i have one sitting down stairs running heating the basement to see what it does to the upstairs areas. i figure i could run one in the basement and upstairs and maybe heat the entire house. with the high price of electric, i might run one daily in the basement to heat the floors and upstairs to help cut down on the electric bill!!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:18 PM  

Louisville, KY
snow in this state is over rated most people dont know how to drive in it. growing up in michigan we had snow what we get here is minimal at beast and then you have the rare occassion to get alot that is when it becomes fun

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads