Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-23-2010, 09:02 AM  

Denver
University of Kentucky

I'm looking into transferring to the University of Kentucky, haven't heard much but I have family in the area. What's the school like? Good or bad?

Old 08-26-2010, 11:47 PM  

Provo, Utah
I've got some friends that go there,
they really seem to like it.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:34 AM  

Campbellsville, KY
too big for me but pretty much everything i've seen/heard has been good. although if you aren't a basketball fan plan on becoming one
Old 09-23-2010, 01:31 AM  

Bowling Green, Kentucky
Yeah, being a football and basketball fan is something you should either plan on being or atleast plan on being okay with. The city has an Awesome fan base that literally consumes the city when games are going on.. Which is great when you are a fan. But besides that it is a good school and i would recommend it.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:21 AM  

Lexington, Ky
Ive lived in Lex my whole life, so Ive been around UK for a while. I actually went to U of L for a couple of years (because of scholarships) and even though I like that UofL has a smaller campus, UK is still nicer in almost every area. There is a lot more to do close to campus, the sports events are always a hoot, and Lexington is really just a large college town, where louisville is a big city with a college.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:19 PM  

Corbin, KY
Great Basketball, decent football, and good baseball. I hear they have a decent med school too
Old 09-30-2010, 05:27 PM  

Somerset, Kentucky
My dad and both his brothers went years ago and told me how great it was. From what a few friends of mine that are going now have said it's even better now. The only thing is, you better be ready for the workload.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:07 AM  

Louisville, ky
I went there, grew up in chicago, great basketball, good football, beautiful women, and you cant beat a weekend at keeneland
Old 10-13-2010, 08:07 AM  

Lawrenceburg, KY
Depends on what you want to go to school for. What's your desired career path? Like any other university, they excel at some things more than others.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:44 AM  

Lexington, Kentucky
I've heard UK is a great school with lots of different programs. I went to EKU myself and loved it. Much smaller but offered a great education. Of course I'm working in a field now that doesn't have anything to do with my major.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads