Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2010, 06:12 PM  

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Homebrewer

Hello fellow Homebrewers! I'm an AG Brewer and have been brewing for about 10 years. I'm getting a Top Tier for Christmas but don't know when I will have time to build and use it. Work is the only thing standing in my way. My five year old loves to help and actually helped me put together my new bulkhead valve. How many five year old boys do you know that knows what a Doppelbock is?

Old 12-12-2010, 08:31 PM  

I brew. Not as often as I want, but I brew.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:39 PM  

Knoxville, TN
I've brewed off and on for 25 yrs. Been about a year since I've brewed but I do AG and it takes me about 6 hrs to do it start to finish. I do recall brewing some pretty good extract beers before going AG but IMO the AG stuff is the best.

My best beers here have been dark beers. We have pretty hard water here. Anybody been geeky enough to check the water chemistry?

Getting ready to brew a clone of Terrapin Hop Karma. Anybody done that one?

Regards,
Alan
Old 12-27-2010, 06:38 AM  

Knoxville, TN
Alan -

I would recommend a reverse osmosis (RO) water filter. They have multiple filtration stages that removes the majority of the dissolved solids, chlorine, and other bad stuff. Mine produces some very clean and great-tasting water; it's all I brew with.

The one I have was intended just for drinking water and only came with a 2 gallon tank, but I'm getting ready to install an 8 gallon. Right now it takes forever to collect enough water for brew day.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:41 AM  

Knoxville, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIusedtoBe View Post
My best beers here have been dark beers. We have pretty hard water here. Anybody been geeky enough to check the water chemistry?

Alan
Water Profiles - Tennessee Valley

This hasn't been updated since 2005. Wouldn't think KUB would do to much to change this.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:46 PM  

Memphis
I homebrew in Knoxville
Old 01-07-2011, 08:12 AM  

I homebrew with mobilejohn! We're getting ready to brew a batch of cream ale.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
Bookmark this Page!