Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2010, 05:08 PM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Las Vegas 4 wheeling

I lived in vegas for 5 years. And most people only seem to think of gambling and going to shows in Vegas. But if you are into 4 wheeling the Vegas area in tremendous for 4 wheeling. There are some clubs you can contact on the internet and hook up with so you aren't wheeling alone.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:03 PM  

Reno, NV
I used to live in vegas and the wheeling there is awesome. Beautiful desert wheeling for sure. Logandale is a major off road location right in Vegas' backyard.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:38 PM  

Las Vegas, Nevada
Ohh, very cool! I have never done that! Sounds like lots of fun! Ty for the info!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:15 AM  

Las Vegas, NV
I just bought a used Wrangler a few months ago. I won't be modifying it for about a year or so. Do you have an light trails you can recommend?
Old 10-05-2010, 09:00 AM  

Reno, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGZZLR View Post
I just bought a used Wrangler a few months ago. I won't be modifying it for about a year or so. Do you have an light trails you can recommend?
Potato Ridge, also known as Rocky Gap Road I think. It heads out of the back side of Red Rock and takes you almost into Pahrump. Really fun trail. Google that and have fun.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:03 AM  

Las Vegas, NV
Lovell Canyon

About 12 years ago I was with a group and we did the Potato Ridge from the back side. We started up Lovell Canyon Road from Blue Diamond Hwy. about 5 miles West of the summit at Mountain Springs. We then took Rocky Gap East into Red Rock. We entered into Red Rock at the picnic grounds about halfway into the loop road. Somehow we missed the toll booth completely. It was a pretty easy run with some stock Jeeps making it. The only problem I had was trying to climb one steep grade without the front hubs locked. Once the hubs were locked it was easy going.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:37 PM  

mesquite, nevada
Anyone you know 4-wheeling out of Mesquite?
Old 10-07-2010, 07:04 AM  

Las Vegas, NV
I think I will try Potato Ridge early Saturday. Thanks!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:56 AM  

Whitehouse Station, New Jersey
I drove out there from NJ in July. Sawa lot of people 4-wheeling, wish I had more time to do that when I was there!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:09 AM  

Salt Lake City, Utah
Apex

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGZZLR View Post
There is and area known as Apex just north of the race track which has a uniquely diverse number of terrain for wheelin fun there are dunes and dirt trails with some good hills etc.. only 5 minutes north of town if that.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.