Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2011, 02:26 PM  

I have bought a sold a few houses over the past few year. generally prices are about half of that of 2006 right now. Sure there are better deals if you really dig, but it is slowly bouncing back. Right now is a great time to rent!

Old 01-04-2011, 08:36 AM  

Las Vegas, NV
I sell for one of the major REO Brokerage firms in town, and I do not see a slow down until at least 2012. If you have the cash or the credit, this is the time to buy. I usually don't work with buyers except when a friend or family member wants to buy. The people that I have helped have been very happy with their purchases. There are just so many good deals out there. It just takes knowing how to get accepted.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:03 PM  

Rockport, Texas
This is not the time to buy, unless you're going to live in the house for a long time. I bet you said this was the time to buy in 2007 and again in 2008 etc etc.

The Las Vegas Sun is full of stories -even this week about how sad the real estate market is. One story said it would be many years before recovery as a large percentage of houses are 90 or more days delinquent and a much higher percentage of owners are under water.

I understand for the two posters above me that its in your interest to have a healthy market but its not happening anytime soon.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:13 AM  

Las Vegas, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean2026 View Post
This is not the time to buy, unless you're going to live in the house for a long time. I bet you said this was the time to buy in 2007 and again in 2008 etc etc.

The Las Vegas Sun is full of stories -even this week about how sad the real estate market is. One story said it would be many years before recovery as a large percentage of houses are 90 or more days delinquent and a much higher percentage of owners are under water.

I understand for the two posters above me that its in your interest to have a healthy market but its not happening anytime soon.

If you were posting this for me, I actually didn't tell people to buy in 2007 and 2008 in this area. I advised people to buy rental property in certain parts of Texas and they are currently above water and still making money. If you buy/sell anything, it all depends on the market. Las Vegas varies depending on the area. I bought a property here 2 years ago. Many properties in Las Vegas has dropped 25-30% during those two years. Guess what, there are comps for my property that show my property has gained (although just a few thousand dollars). That is why you need to choose your agent wisely and not just go by what you read in the paper. If you ask me, I will be the first to tell you that there is enough inventory in the foreclosure and pre-foreclosure market to last a few years. Depending on what my clients are looking for, I will tell them when and where to buy. I want my clients to be my clients for life. I do not want to just make a sale only for the now for my commission today.

Also, you talk about 90 days or longer. I can tell you that there are many houses that are many houses that are 600 days delinquent. You and everyone should choose whatever you want to do, but there are a lot of very experienced investors who are using this opportunity today in real estate to ensure they have a good future.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:42 AM  

Henderson, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_jeeper View Post
is the drought situation still an issue? I actually looked at a couple of houses, wouldn't mind getting an investment home and renting to ppl who work for the LV division of my company for cheap. What would be a good area to look at near the Las Vegas area??
'Happy', If they have to get to the LV airport on a regular basis......anyplace up and down the I-215 Loop. The means Henderson/Green Valley or SW Las Vegas. ............. NevSmith
Old 01-31-2011, 07:45 AM  

Las Vegas, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Does anyone know if people are selling/getting foreclosed to move into rentals/apartments or are they just moving out of LV?

All the above. It all depends on the person's/family's situation. In general though, I think about 25000 have left the area in the past few years total.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:21 PM  

I was looking in Las Vegas in late 2004 and got very discouraged by agent attitudes. They simple had people waving money all over the place and didnt want to serve me as a foreign buyer.

Now I am so happy I didnt buy. I missed a huge upswing and potential profit (prices were already high but sure went higher) but lets face it, many people do not sell on upswings. Everyone thinks it will go higher. Then they think its just a dip. Then they say "I cant sell at this price" Then 2 years later the bank is evicting them and doign the selling for them. Human nature. Ive done it with stock to many times.

Anyway I sure like the prices now. 100k for a house.

Being Canadian I personally lean towards a condo for the security when I'm not around. But I hear condos are a problem right now because the building are laregly empty and so the fees are very high. Not enough slices to pay for the pie.

I'm interested in what other real buyers are seeing right now. Please realtors, contain yourselves. I puke everytime I hear a realtor tell me its a balanced market, its bottomed, nowhere to go but up. Thats all realtors ever say.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:38 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Now would be the time to have cash in the bank and some patience
Old 06-30-2011, 09:46 AM  

Las Vegas, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashing View Post
I was looking in Las Vegas in late 2004 and got very discouraged by agent attitudes. They simple had people waving money all over the place and didn't want to serve me as a foreign buyer.

Now I am so happy I didn't buy. I missed a huge upswing and potential profit (prices were already high but sure went higher) but lets face it, many people do not sell on upswings. Everyone thinks it will go higher. Then they think its just a dip. Then they say "I cant sell at this price" Then 2 years later the bank is evicting them and doing the selling for them. Human nature. Ive done it with stock to many times.

Anyway I sure like the prices now. 100k for a house.

Being Canadian I personally lean towards a condo for the security when I'm not around. But I hear condos are a problem right now because the building are largely empty and so the fees are very high. Not enough slices to pay for the pie.

I'm interested in what other real buyers are seeing right now. Please Realtors, contain yourselves. I puke every time I hear a realtor tell me its a balanced market, its bottomed, nowhere to go but up. That's all Realtors ever say.
LOL Yeah listening to Realtors and those who have anything to do with houses these days is like getting a "sure thing" tip from the guy standing in the shadows wearing a raincoat... Seems like a lot of investors are buying and rehabbing and then renting, especially the real cheap properties. I heard on one financial news show that the housing market is going to go lower but who knows. I do know I am glad I bought when I did, got a nice house and we are happy with it and plan on dying there so no great plans of making a ton of money off the place, I could care less what it is valued at now or in the future. Payments are low and we are satisfied.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:36 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomezy3k View Post
LOL Yeah listening to Realtors and those who have anything to do with houses these days is like getting a "sure thing" tip from the guy standing in the shadows wearing a raincoat... Seems like a lot of investors are buying and rehabbing and then renting, especially the real cheap properties. I heard on one financial news show that the housing market is going to go lower but who knows. I do know I am glad I bought when I did, got a nice house and we are happy with it and plan on dying there so no great plans of making a ton of money off the place, I could care less what it is valued at now or in the future. Payments are low and we are satisfied.
Cant say I've ever lived anywhere I figured would be end of the line for me. Would be nice though. As a Canadian I would be part time in LV as we are not allowed to perform any work related function while in the US.

Since you live there can you tell me if a 100k goes as far as it appears to in the Zillow listings?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Bookmark this Page!