Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-02-2011, 10:53 PM  

Las Vegas, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashing View Post
Cant say I've ever lived anywhere I figured would be end of the line for me. Would be nice though. As a Canadian I would be part time in LV as we are not allowed to perform any work related function while in the US.

Since you live there can you tell me if a 100k goes as far as it appears to in the Zillow listings?
Well not sure now, but back a year ago there were quite a few listings for under 100K. Some were nice and some had been trashed pretty badly by the previous occupant. I paid $94K for a very nice house in Henderson, it had been completely redone and has tile floors, new carpet, new cabinets and counters, and a finished garage and built in watering system... Can't complain at all... Many of the cheaper homes have been grabbed by investors but I imagine you could probably still find some bargains here...

Old 07-06-2011, 08:06 AM  

I am currently looking for a vacation home in the mountains. I tried to avoid being pestered by realtors and utilizing Zillow as much as possible.

The problem is that Zillow is extremely outdated and gives inaccurate information. I've seen homes for sale, and the true numbers, and then checked out Zillow and the numbers, dates, and prices were all out of whack.

I then met with a realtor and explained that I did not like being pushed, and asked her to help me select the home I wanted, not the home she would make the most money on, or the quickest deal out there. By laying the ground rules, she know what I expect, and in turn, when she calls, it is exactly what I want and what I want to pay. It's a win-win.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:45 AM  

Las Vegas, NV
I agree 100% with havasu. An informed serious buyer/seller and an informed serious agent is always a good thing. The agent shouldn't be pestering the customer and the customer shouldn't be pestering the agent. Both parties have lives of their own and it's always a win-win when there is mutual respect.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:27 PM  

I agree with the above statements. However I've had trouble finding such an agent and do not bother now. Every agent I have ever dealt with smiles, nods, says they completely understand then does the exact same thing all the others did in the exact same way. They dont get what I want and show me stuff that I pointed out is not my interest. Then they get discouraged I dont just pick one of the 3 properties they've shown me even though they are totally not what I specified.

Just my experience. Last time I looked in Vegas the office sent me out with their newest realtor. She asked me for directions to a property. No kidding. And this is after I went in, showed the broker my Bank of America statement with the cash in it, no mortgage, all cash deal, told her what I wanted and that I didnt have alot of time to waste. Sure enough out with Ms inexpereince to new subdivisions in North Lash Vegas which I specifically stated I wasted interested in. The whole drive telling me thats not where we were going.

That wasnt the first time - but it was the last time. When I bought my house I currently live in the realtor wasnt green but he wasnt listening. We looked at 40 houses. He kept taking me to the same area over and over. I fired him and found my house the first day after I fired him. How? I simply circled the exact area I told him I wanted and he said I'd never get for my price. I got and I paid less. By taking his sorry carcass out of the equation.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:02 AM  

Las Vegas, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashing View Post
I agree with the above statements. However I've had trouble finding such an agent and do not bother now. Every agent I have ever dealt with smiles, nods, says they completely understand then does the exact same thing all the others did in the exact same way. They dont get what I want and show me stuff that I pointed out is not my interest. Then they get discouraged I dont just pick one of the 3 properties they've shown me even though they are totally not what I specified.

Just my experience. Last time I looked in Vegas the office sent me out with their newest realtor. She asked me for directions to a property. No kidding. And this is after I went in, showed the broker my Bank of America statement with the cash in it, no mortgage, all cash deal, told her what I wanted and that I didnt have alot of time to waste. Sure enough out with Ms inexpereince to new subdivisions in North Lash Vegas which I specifically stated I wasted interested in. The whole drive telling me thats not where we were going.

That wasnt the first time - but it was the last time. When I bought my house I currently live in the realtor wasnt green but he wasnt listening. We looked at 40 houses. He kept taking me to the same area over and over. I fired him and found my house the first day after I fired him. How? I simply circled the exact area I told him I wanted and he said I'd never get for my price. I got and I paid less. By taking his sorry carcass out of the equation.
We went through two agents before we got a good one... The first was bound and determined to get us into a Condo which we stated we DID NOT want to live in any kind of Condo or duplex type homes... The second listened to us and did her best to get us into a house we wanted and showed us a bunch of houses all over town. We didn't get a house in the area we wanted but actually ended up in a better house in a better area....
Old 08-07-2011, 03:45 PM  

Hello. I'm new to this forum and was hoping for some help. Looking to retire in Las Vegas area in the next year or so. Some of the areas we have seen on line that look good are Inspirada Village - South Edge, V-Lake Las Vegas, Terra Bella @ Anthem, Coronado at Summerlin Amd, and Lofts in Summerlin. We are not particular about whether it is a condo or house. We just don't want outrageous HOA's and additional master plan costs. Can someone suggest advantages/disadvantages of some of these areas, suggest new ideas, and even a good realtor to contact for our next visit in September? thanks in advance. Note: Looking for something newer, at least 1 car garage, gated preferably, 2+ bedroom, granite counters, 1300 sq ft min.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:49 AM  

Seems to be leveling perhaps. But yes, hard to tell right now. Only time will I guess.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:04 PM  
William Banta

Las Vegas, Nevada
Las Vegas Pawn Shop Too

I had to close the doors to my pawn shop, temporarily, until I get rid of all of the excess gold, diamonds, rolexes, etc., because everyone is pawning but no one is buying. I have all of my merchandise sitting in storage units throughout las vegas. I put ads out for anyone who wants great deals on rolexes, big flat screen tvs, motorcycles, etc but nobody is buying in Vegas. I think I should just sell to another pawn shop...nah...Good luck las vegas, hurry up and turn around.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.