There are TONS of cruise nights, car shows and other events in the area and if you go a few more miles out it just increases.
I will post a small list of ones that come to mind right now:
- Wheels of time in Macungie / Aug. or Sept.
- Cruise nights at Trexlertown mall / I think the second AND last saturday of every month from April to October.
- Cruise nights at Weis in Schnecksville / Check with late great chevy club for info.
- Carilisle... check out www.carsatcarlisle.com for info on all the great shows
- Cruise nights in macungie / check out www.wheelsoftime.org for info
- Night in the country at Northwestern high school / Usually one night in Sept. Great night, smaller show and good for family (best fireworks show around as well)
- Snake day at Blockers Harley Davidson in Lehighton / Usually in June sometime, check their website as well for information (A show mainly for Cobras and Vipers but have seen others there as well)
- Check these guys out: L.V. SAAC
- And another: PennMustangs
- Also cruises at the Ritz at Allentown fairgrounds throughout the year.
- Cruises at Heislers dairy bar in Tamaqua throughout the year.
- Slatington Lions club holds a great show each year at the Slatington airport / usually I believe in late Sept
I know there are a bunch more that I'm leaving out. If you go to the cruise nights listed you will see people handing out fliers for shows and other cruises, just keep your eyes out for those and you can stay pretty updated on things.
Hope this helps, I always seem to be in the same situation you are as well... driving by or finding out the weekend after it's over...