Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2011, 04:25 PM  

Why dont jeep people wave??

It's a jeep thing you should wave to a fellow jeepster no matter what jeep.. Why can't we start this up reply if you would like this... Just to show support towards a beloved vehicle brand... I have a black grand Cherokee with semi gloss black wheels... I live in Zionsville PA and drive mainly around macungie and emmaus

Old 02-04-2011, 11:25 AM  

I have two wranglers and a 00 Grand Cherokee. Mostly its just the wrangler drivers that wave. I wave to most all jeeps whether I'm driving the Cherokee or one of the wranglers.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:45 AM  

I don't quite get the idea of waving to others who drive the same vehicle. I like my Chevy Uplander, but I don't feel the need to wave at people who also drive them.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I just don't see the need for the biker/jeep wave. Maybe if I owned one of them I might get it, then again, maybe not.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:12 PM  

No that's fine... My understanding is that bikers have Harley clubs... And jeeps have clubs... When u see a bike or a jeep which ev u may have... When u wave it's a sign of respect... Or acceptance also ppl do it cuz they appreciate the greatness of the vehicle... Then also there's the good old saying it's a jeep thing u don't understand..
Old 02-28-2011, 01:27 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I'm in an XJ, and many miles from you. I don't get waves, but we have a lot of Jeeps in these parts, the majority, like mine, unmodified, so the 'brotherhood' is based more on availability than preference of car.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:57 AM  

I'll preface this by saying that I drove a Cherokee for several years. I don't think that most Cherokees count in the "Jeep Thing."
Old 03-03-2011, 12:24 PM  

They do if they r moded... Mine is...
Old 03-03-2011, 12:55 PM  

Reading, PA
I drive a Wrangler and mostly wave to other Wranglers but if someone in a different model waves first I will of course return the wave. I don't bother waving first to other models because most times its ignored or they don't know the deal.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:29 PM  

I know what u mean... Alot of the grands don't and some of the sport don't.. I've noticed more lifted or modded Cherokees do it more... The others still dont understand
Old 03-13-2011, 09:21 PM  

Black Lick, Pa
When Im home (Macungie) and not out by Pittsburgh at school I follow a simple rule when it comes to the wave.

The Smaller/Newer/Cleaner/Less Modified Jeep waves to the Bigger/Older/Dirty/More Modified Jeep first. I drive a stock XJ (my 5th one) and I usually wave unless Im not paying attention.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
Bookmark this Page!