Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Long Island
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2010, 03:30 PM  

Canfield, OH
Another +1 for Hecscher.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:53 AM  

Lake Ronkonkoma, New York
I really like Hecksher state park, but lately I've had mixed feelings about it since thats where I proposed to the girl I thought I wanted to spend the rest of my life with...

Old 11-20-2010, 07:42 AM  

NY
My vote would definitely be for Hither Hills, not only is the park nice but the drive to get there is worth it on its own!
Old 12-08-2010, 12:49 PM  

Port Jefferson, New York
Sunken Meadow

I realize that Sunken Meadow of King's Park is a State Park, but it is great during the off summer season. I have gown up in the area and do a lot of cross country running in the hills and walk with my honey on the boardwalk. As far as the summer activities it gets very crowded on the weekends and I stay away
Old 12-08-2010, 02:11 PM  

I love walking along the water at Nissequogue River State Park. I know they closed it for a while earlier this year, but I believe it's been reopened for good (hope I'm not proven wrong come next summer!)
Old 12-08-2010, 04:04 PM  

Port Jefferson, New York
I like Sunken Meadow State Park, though I would not go there on the summer weekends as it gets way too crowded. If your up for a little exercise the park has challenging cross country trails.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:30 PM  
AdironDoc

Nassau, NY
wow..really hard choices! I've been to most of the parks mentioned and each has a slightly different appeal depending on what you're after. Glad the Island has so many winners. For solitude, I walk in Caumsett, for the dunes, I hit Hither Hills, for crabbing, I head to the river.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:10 PM  

Blue Point, New York
Yeppers! I agree with Adirondoc.....so many good choices and therefore hard to choose. I have stressful memories of Sunken Meadow state park as that is where a number of Cross-Country running meets were..............and "cardiac hill" definitely earns it's moniker! I done a lot of fishing and bike riding at Robert Moses....I even rode my bike across (mostly across) the Robert Moses Bridge once.......scariest thing I have done in years! I have dreams of being blown off such a bridge. Also, I liked being out at Cedar Point this past Summer (i.e., some camping/fishing/etc.).

Cheers!
Old 01-01-2011, 11:52 PM  

Elwood, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADSLRAM View Post
Try Caumsett on the North Shore. Great biking, nice rocky beach.
Caumsett is great for bikin or hikin. I used to go there alot.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:04 PM  

Virginia Beach, Virginia
I haven't gone since late last year but every time I do we picnic on the grounds of the big house and I say how much I would love to have some settup like that! Huge house with a back yard that slopes down to your own little inlet to the sound
I could put on some awsome fireworks displays for friends and family!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Long Island
Bookmark this Page!