Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Long Island
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-12-2011, 06:25 PM  

Woodland Park, Colorado
Back when I lived on LI, I used to live at Smith Point, used to love driving out on the beach, dropping the tailgate and relaxing or fishing. Been gone for 15 years, do they still allow you to drive on the beach.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:01 PM  

Long Island, NY
Robert Moses is great especially is you get the 4x4 permit... drive right on the beach

Old 01-15-2011, 02:18 PM  

Elwood, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin_it_real View Post
Robert Moses is great especially is you get the 4x4 permit... drive right on the beach
Where do you get a permit for that? And is it seasonal?
Old 01-18-2011, 09:47 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbass View Post
Smith point is home for me. Cupsouage(sp) on the other side of moriches inlet is way cleaner and not as packed during prime beach season.
Great place

Beaches 101: Cupsogue Beach County Park at Dune Road Westhampton - Long Island Motherhood | Examiner.com
Old 01-19-2011, 04:57 AM  

Nassau County, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin_it_real View Post
Yes, this exactly. So guys, not one vote for Eisenhower huh? I know it's nothing that spectacular but it's big & they have lots of stuff going on over the summer. Only bitch for Suffolk is it's only open to Nassau residents (or at least it used to be..not really sure anymore).
Old 01-20-2011, 09:59 AM  

Elwood, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by city kidd View Post
Yes, this exactly. So guys, not one vote for Eisenhower huh? I know it's nothing that spectacular but it's big & they have lots of stuff going on over the summer. Only bitch for Suffolk is it's only open to Nassau residents (or at least it used to be..not really sure anymore).
Im from suffolk and Ive been there a few times. Maybe it depends on the season or where you goin.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:46 AM  

Nassau County, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
Im from suffolk and Ive been there a few times. Maybe it depends on the season or where you goin.
Probably, I know when special events are going on they used to check your driver's license on the way into the park.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:58 AM  

New York, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin719 View Post
Back when I lived on LI, I used to live at Smith Point, used to love driving out on the beach, dropping the tailgate and relaxing or fishing. Been gone for 15 years, do they still allow you to drive on the beach.
You can still hit the beach there. Great place.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:42 AM  

Sunken Meadow and Caumsett are fantastic; wish I was closer to them instead of Southhaven and Connetquot.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:30 PM  

i enjoy going down to caumsett. the rest are pretty good, but caumsett is pretty convinient as far as location for me.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Long Island
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.