Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Long Island
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2010, 10:06 PM  

Dansville, NY
Fly fishing Long Island, NY

Anyone been to Connetquot park fishing lately? I fear I may have misspelled the park name...
I heard the trout population was destroyed?!

Old 10-15-2010, 02:00 PM  

Buffalo, NY
I live on LI and never found a good spot to flyfish. I always go upstate on weekend trips to Roscoe on the Beaverkill. Real nice trout.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:36 AM  

Babylon, Ny
Conetquat still has fish.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:23 AM  

Manchester, NH
We use to Fly fish for snappers and weakfish. Simple white marabou does it. Good fun.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:15 AM  

Manorville, New York
I know you can rent Kayaks for the Carmens River at Glacier Bay Sports in Brookhaven and I have seen some people with flyfishing rods out in their Kayaks. I lived in East Islip for many years and seen lots of flyfisherman work the Connetquot River.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:34 AM  

Brooklyn, NY
I've got friends that live within a half hour of Roscoe. I've been planning on breaking out my fly rod and checking it out next season. It's the birthplace of American Fly fishing.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:27 PM  

Albany, NY, New York
Yeah. They destroyed the population for some reason or another. I don't know if they got whirling disease or what but I heard they needed to kill all the fish and start over. I haven't been there in a few years but every time I've been there I've caught fish, and boy did they taste good! I also heard they have since restocked it although the fishing isn't quite what it used to be.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:04 PM  
AdironDoc

Nassau, NY
I'm new to flyfishing but I've been told this is a great group of avid anglers based in Levittown.
Long Island Flyrodders
Old 12-28-2010, 09:01 PM  

last time i went, which was last spring, i didn't see a single fish rise, nor did i see any swimming in spots that i had previously caught a ton. I hope they have the population back up, its a really nice place to fish.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Long Island
Bookmark this Page!