Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Long Island
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2011, 08:44 PM  

Hicksville, NY
impending Long Island snowfall

This last storm it looked like a lot of longislanders got caught off guard. The storm forecasted for the end of this week is expected to be lighter than the last one, but according to NOAA it could be heavy if the storm moves a bit west.

Anyone have any thoughts for crowd sourcing resources? Trading rides for snowblower use or shoveling or tips or anything else anyone needs?

Old 01-09-2011, 01:06 PM  
Tom H

Babylon, NY
snow drivin

That last storm was chaotic for a lot of people, but i totally dig storms like that! (no pun intended) I just put a set of goodyear wranglers on my zj and their snow traction was impressive. I didn't get stuck or spin out once, and i was tryin : )

Old 01-14-2011, 10:06 PM  

Long Island, NY
I worked the last two storms they are tough... if you can stay in til roads are clear... if you must go out, if you don't have a vehicle with 4wheel drive call someone who does... more accident and issues happen with vehicles that get stuck or have issues in the snow. Also just drive careully. With the snow we had even big trucks ( mine is lifted) still get stuck here and there... I always go to lowes and buy a few sandbags to get a little extra weight for better traction. Also if you do happen to get stuck u can crack open the sandbags and throw it under the tires for better traction. Works great. Have a same winter everyone... For more tips etc just ask questions, been doing snow plowing/ shoveling/ and vehicle recovery for about 12 years now.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:47 PM  

Long Island, NY
i tried to get my jeep stuck. is so hard lol
Old 01-19-2011, 05:09 AM  

Nassau County, New York
My WJ went right through it all. It was great driving on the SSP and seeing all those cars just abandoned at the off ramps.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Long Island
Bookmark this Page!