Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Long Island
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-01-2012, 07:38 PM  

International Students

Hello everyone

I have a group of International students coming over to Long Island and have been searching for qualified host families for them to temporarily live with. They are fully screened, background checked, speak proficient English, and are very excited to learn about our culture and to share theirs as well. I'm from a non-profit hoping to spread global peace and understanding through cultural exchange. If you or someone you know may be able to host a student please feel free to contact me at any time. Thank you very much.

Christina 631-790-6907

Old 06-07-2012, 12:08 PM  

Wading River, NY
ummm NO,
If there is an open seat in a classroom for them, fine, but until all the qualified U.S. citizens who are looking for a college, found one then I say they are not welcome.
State Colleges Rejecting qualified State students ( at their lower instate tuition) to accept out of state kids and out of country kids is ridiculous. It's no longer about excellence, it's about money in their pocket.
I'm tired of hearing how Professors have teamed up my kids with these foriegn students to basically babysit and tudor them through the class. No sir NOT ON MY $$$$$$$

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Long Island
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads