Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Long Island
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2011, 11:51 AM  

Wading River, NY
Lane Closure to park cars

Eastbound...So I come up on that road work by the Happauge State buildings where 347 and 454 meet. Signs say reduce to one lane. So of course between the lane reduction and the Traffic light by the Carvel, traffic is Hosed.
As I get up to the construction that is in the Medium I see that the Work area is surrounded by Portable Concrete walls and teh ONLY reason the lane is closed off is for the construction workers cars. That's right, ther eis a huge Shopping center/parking lot across teh street, these guys are actually working in a Cement wall barrier but the humped up thousands of comuters so the workers can park Closer to the work area. Your tax dollars at work. How much did it cost the tax payer just for the Cone Truck and Union driver and Cone guy to put the cones down for their persoanl parking area??
Traffic could have been moving freely if these guys would have just walked the distance of two traffic lanes

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Long Island
Bookmark this Page!