Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Long Island
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2011, 09:10 AM  

Wading River, NY
MTA stealing from Suffolk's wallets

All this talk about the new Small business tax that the MTA and our Gov't conjured up to save the MTA yet no one is screaming about the $50 fee added to our Car registrations.
Have you people in Suffolk County noticed that your Car Registrations have literally doubled in price, Motorcycles have tripled? The people with cars are subsidizing the Long Island Railroad because they cannot run their monopoly.
The Businesses in Suffolk are screaming 'Foul' and getting noticed but no one is talking about the Car Owners that got screwed too.

I don't know how they possibly justified for Car registrations to pay for their business. I have noticed that since this Scam, that the trucks that the MTA have replaced are full of expensive options. I didn't think Work trucks needed Aluminum rims and chrome side pipes. Thi sis as bad as our volunteer fire departments spending money on teh same things. They need Functional and Reliable....why are we paying for Chrome, and custom Diamond plate?
Teh MTA is frantically pissing away their new found money as to pretend they need it. ALL at our expense.

Old 05-20-2011, 09:34 AM  
Traveler

I feel your pain. In a simular situation, our propety taxes were doubled and in some cases trippled, while the county was out buying new computers and folks in the administrative getting substantial raises, until BAM! Protest on the street in front of county offices. Taxes were quickly lowered! You're wise to rally the locals and expose the scam..........

Old 05-23-2011, 02:35 PM  

I'm not sure why no one is screaming either. The twin forks should really complain, they don't even have train service on the weekend!
Old 05-24-2011, 06:40 AM  

Wading River, NY
East End congressman..Tim Bishop. This is an e-mail to his #1 man Bilal.Malik@mail.house.gov,

Speak your mind

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Long Island
Bookmark this Page!