Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-12-2010, 12:48 AM  

Valencia, California
I live off of magic mt parkway so I have had a season pass and worked there since I was 16. Frightfest is always a really fun time at the park, with it's somewhat predictable mazes but always fun rides. If you are just looking to get your pants scared off dont go to magic go to Universal Studios. I know it sounds weird but they have all of the make up and special effects people so they have well done and scary park characters, plus they put more time into their mazes making them much more scary.... just my random 2 cents

Old 10-12-2010, 05:49 AM  

Seymour, Connecticut
Id like to visit cali

Old 10-15-2010, 06:34 PM  

Lancaster, CA
Six Flags Magic Mountain is def the best park!
Old 12-28-2010, 03:26 PM  

Camarillo, CA
I visited Knott's Berry Farm just last week! That is my last visit. I guess it was fun when I was younger but at 30, I was done with the park in 3 hours time. I hit every rollor coaster, except for Xcelarator. It was closed. Silver Bullet was probably my favorite. But do not go on GhostRider unless you want whiplash and bodyache when finished. That old crickety coaster needs to be torn down. Horrible.

Also, half of the park seems to be rented out to vendors these days!

The one positive experience was they do have a PINKS Hot Dog. One of my favorite places that I have to visit LA or Vegas for. So was a nice lunch and reasonable prices at that.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:34 PM  

LA, CA
Disneyland for the kids, and six flags for the teenagers pretty much sums it up. Knotts is too far away compared to the others for me.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:09 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by danile666 View Post
Disneyland for the kids, and six flags for the teenagers pretty much sums it up. Knotts is too far away compared to the others for me.
Knots, too far away?
It's only about 10 miles north of Disneyland!

I like them all for different reasons.
Disney for the nostalgia.
Knots for the country fair feeling.
Magic Mountain for the rides.
Universal Studios for the shows and tour.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:21 AM  

Simi Valley, CA
Disneyland is always crowded. Never a day when there aren't lines. Just days when the lines aren't quite as long.
Even though we live in So Cal, we actually prefer to go to Disneyworld every few years at the end of January.
No lines, great weather usually. Really love Epcot.

Knott's is my favorite park for atmosphere. If you go on the right days, almost no lines.
Love the funnel cakes w/boysenberry.
I love Ghost Rider, but I'll admit it's not for everyone.
And even I being a die-hard wooden coaster fan, can't/won't ride it more than a couple times per visit.
Definitely makes a big difference where you sit on how violent it is.

Magic Mountain has no atmosphere, but if you want thrill rides & roller coasters it's hard to beat.
X2 is definitely the most extreme coaster I've ever been on. Tatsu is amazing. Feels like you're flying.
I love Scream & Goliath. A while back it had gotten kind of run down and felt a little overrun by gangs,
but I feel totally fine taking my 10 year old daughter there now.

-Steve
Old 12-29-2010, 06:56 AM  

I second the vote for Knott's Berry Farm. The rides seem funner, the crowds aren't as bad, a little cheaper, and to top it off, Knott's Chicken Dinner House is fantastic!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:40 PM  

Pasadena, California
Universal Studios is not bad during the non-summer months. My son could ride Jurassic Park (he's 6) a dozen times in a row. I could do the park once a year, but the season passes for one days worth of admission is a no-brainer. Take the train in to avoid paying for parking.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:16 AM  

What about Go-Kart-World??? CLASSIC!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.