Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2010, 11:29 AM  

Bakersfield, Ca
Mann's Chinese Theater is cool. It's also cool to see the walk of fame. Not so good for locals who have seen it a million times, but for most others it's cool.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:35 PM  

Moreno Valley, Calif
Something I thought would be geeky is the Downtown Art Walk , It turned out to be pretty interesting and fun. I believe its on the 2nd thursday of every month. Ok so do this Google "Cooks Tortas" really really good upscale Tortas in a casual setting, and then off to the Art Walk...you'll have fun ! another fun night is stop and eat at Pinks Hot Dogs (maybe catch a movie star)and then off to Griffth Park...that place is really cool...make sure to see the show inside the Planetarium..its awesome....really gets you thinking !

Old 10-15-2010, 03:07 AM  

Taft, California
Hey, does anyone know if they still do the drum circle in Griffith Park near the zoo? If you and her are down to earth types, this would be great.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:32 AM  

Bakersfield, Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTIZAN View Post
Hey, does anyone know if they still do the drum circle in Griffith Park near the zoo? If you and her are down to earth types, this would be great.
Their from LA.....

Sorry... <------- Bakersfieldian...
Old 10-18-2010, 12:02 PM  

Los Angeles, California
Haha, actually neither of us are from LA (not originally anyways)! The Stinking Rose turned out to be a great spot to go. The food was really great (especially the garlic ice cream!). Definitely some great ideas coming in!
Old 10-29-2010, 11:29 AM  

Los Angeles, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Welcome neighbor!

I agree with the French dips at Phillippe's...They are the greatest!
Is Philippe's open again? I want to go there!

Date night- as one poster said you really can't go wrong in LA. there is so much to do! A few of my favorites include Moonshadow's in Malibu, the Grove, Fritto Misto in Hermosa and Santa Monica.

Moonshadow's is really nice because it's right on the water and they have bed/couch things that you can sit on and enjoy a cocktail and appetizers while watching the sunset.

My boyfriend has mentioned the Stinking Rose but we've never been.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:37 PM  

Torrance, California
If you are willing to pay the bill, I suggest The Melting Pot down here in Torrance. It is a Fondue Resturant, and easily cost $60+ per person. But it was some of the best food I've had in awhile. Especially the dark chocolate fondue with cheesecake, marshmallows, and various other sweets to dip in it. A definite date spot if you don't mind the bill.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:49 PM  

Pasadena, California
+1 for the Hollywood Bowl (you can usually bring food and bev. depending on the event).

another +1 for Urth Cafe.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:27 AM  

Glendora
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwfxd View Post
Take her to the Getty museum in West LA. You will have something to look at and talk about. You should be able to get to know each other better, she has probably never been there and then afterwards you can go to dinner in Westwood.
+1 for the Getty. The place itself is a work of art.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:00 PM  

Long Beach, CA
I packed a surprise picnic for me and this one girl up in Topanga Canyon a while back, a small hidden spot with a dope view. She dug it enough to sleep with me, so if you can cook, and pack for the go, and grab a blanket while you're at it, you're in the good with most women. Plus it's always nice to be outside.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!