Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2010, 01:23 AM  

Pasadena, CA
Dogs Dogs Dogs

Do you have any dog pics, stories, or local info? Where did you get your dog?

This is Dakota (Koda). She's a smooth coated Border Collie / Husky mix. She's a pound puppy from the San Gabriel Valley Animal Shelter, one of the best kept secrets that shouldn't be a secret.

She runs fast, has endless energy, & is always looking for someone who'll chase her.

Probably about a week after we got her.

With a crazy look in her eye after my son added the antlers. We see this look way too often.

Old 10-02-2010, 05:19 PM  

Pasadena, CA
This is my son's dog Daisy. She's another pound puppy from from the San Gabriel Valley Animal Shelter. She's sweet natured & the most solid dog we've ever had.

She's really funny in the pool. She doesn't exactly swim, but she floats. Sort of bobs in the water with her wide flat back above the surface. She kind of looks like an aircraft carrier.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:22 PM  

This is my latest. We picked her from the Baldwin Park Animal Shelter. She is the sweetest thing on four legs, and I just can't understand why she was placed there in the first place. This is our 7th dog we've picked up from animal shelters, and support them 100%.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:05 AM  

Wildomar, CA
Here are my two. One is a pure black lab that was given to me and the other is a lab, something mut mix that we picked up from the animal shelter in Big Bear.
Dogs Dogs Dogs-0316001853.jpg 

Old 10-21-2010, 07:12 PM  

LA, CA
Gotta love the doggies. I was telling someone about Jalama Beach yesterday because it is beautiful, and dog friendly.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:56 PM  

Middlebury, Ct.
Not from Cal but I too have a Husky mix with the blue eyes that shock people in to saying "what kind of dog is that"? Its a 1/2 Rott, 1/2 Husky. Unfortunately we paid $300 for this "Designer Dog"!
Dogs Dogs Dogs-thor.jpg 

Old 10-21-2010, 08:53 PM  

Pasadena, CA
Wow, that's a great looking dog. What is it like?
Old 10-21-2010, 09:31 PM  

Whittier, CA
I've got a couple of dogs, a miniture pincher we bought for my wife and a full size dobbie that I adopted from a friend when she left the country...kind of like me and mini me. The little one will not leave my side. She was/is supposed to be for my wife but she is pretty much glued to me when I am hope. The big one is almost as bad. I don't really understand it, my wife feeds them both all the time but they always want to sit with me.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:38 AM  

Pasadena, CA
This is my wife's dog Sheila. She's an Aussie / St. Bernard mix. My wife found her through a Saint rescue at a shelter up in Apple Valley. My wife wanted a Yorkie, but kept being drawn to this Saint rescue organization. I teased her that she wasn't going to find any Yorkies amongst the giants. It worked out pretty good. Sheila is much smaller than a Saint Bernard, bigger than your average Aussie, has a stub of a tail, is built like an Aussie with a long wheelbase & big feet, & has similar markings to a Saint.

Sheila seemed to have had a rough time before they got her. She was skin & bones, didn't like the other dogs, & would barely eat then try to hide her food. We figure that she had spent quite a bit of time on the street fending for herself.

She eventually decided that our other dogs are her friends, & that the food bowl gets filled twice a day even if she eats it all. Her weight is good. She seems happy, & is very attached to my wife. Her stub of a tail goes like crazy whenever my wife is near her.

2 of our dogs are partial herding breeds, & it's funny when they try to herd each other back & forth. The Bulldog mix just lays there & looks at them like they're nuts.

Old 10-24-2010, 01:49 AM  

Los Angeles, CA
Great looking dog, Elkabong. I've had Belgian Sheps for years and they herd everyone. Even around the house.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!