Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2010, 03:01 PM  

Los Angeles, California
Fav place to get great beer AND food?

Hi all!
I was just wondering where are some of your fav places to go to get outstanding beer and food in LA?

My FAVS are:
* Alibi Room and A-frame, both on Washington Blvd near Culver City. They both have menus created by Roy Choi, the Kogi chef.

* Waterloo and City- They have great beers that are hard to find and great food as well. Although, the price on food is a bit steep.

* Father's Office- two locations- Culver City and Santa Monica, I believe. Be warned though that both locations are very crowded and you literally have to breathe down somebodys neck to get a seat. The beer is good and the burger and sweet potato fries are amazing. It's a bit expensive but worth it...at least in my opinion.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:55 PM  

Los Angeles, CA
I haven't been to Waterloo and City. In fact I've never heard of it. Now I'll have to go check it out.

I also like Lazy Ox in Little Tokyo. Not a HUGE beer selection but they make up for it by having a couple of good Japanese beers that you cannot really get anywhere else, as well as a thoughtful, good selection of others on tap. Also, the food there is really outstanding and the menu changes every day.

Also Wurstkuche...great sausages and great selection of Belgian and German beers. Only problem is wading through all the hipsters. I've never seen so many people wearing flannel, scarves and hats in the middle of a boiling summer.

Barney's Beanery -- Probably goes without saying but they have good beer on tap and even though it's bad as hell for you I love their selection of chili.

Since I live in the South Bay I will throw out a couple of favorites from this area:

Simmzy's in Manhattan Beach--similar to Father's Office with indoor/outdoor seating, big wine selection, 24 taps that constantly rotate, and a good menu of upscale bar grub.

Meditarraneo on Hermosa Beach pier -- great selection of tapas-style dishes to choose from, and a really nice beer selection both on tap and in bottles.

Hudson House in Redondo -- Good beer selection, although mostly bottles, and nice selection of bar food.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:11 PM  

Glendale, CA, CA
8 1/2 Taverna in Studio City is great - excellent selcection of beers and wonderful Italian food - recently opened by two brothers fresh from Italy.

I have to second Barney's Beanery - the loud sports bar thing isn't really for me but when there isn't a sports thing happening they have a great selection of beers and a huge menu of decent food. Another thing to mention is the happy hour many beers for $3 and one (the house which is firestone honey ale) for $1.75!

Lucky Baldwins in Pasadena also has a great selection of beers and great food.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:22 AM  

Whittier, California
You should try Maggie's Pub in Santa Fe Springs on Tue. but go early to reserve a seat. You can eat first and by 9 o'clock they have $2 drinks all night...Tue. is more for the young out going people and this place gets full by 9:30. You need to be at the location b4 8 o'clock or else you need to make line outside till 9 to go in. And the line gets big real fast. It's a fun place to be.

11900 Telegraph Road
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670-3768
(562) 944-5399
Old 12-22-2010, 03:52 PM  

Long Beach, CA
Auld Dubliner in Long Beach more for the food, the Boxty's are outstanding the beer is typical pub selection but very good Whiskey's. I also like EJ Malloy's in Long Beach the waffel gorgonzola fries are killer and good selection of beers as well.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:53 PM  

Los Angeles, CA
The Bottle Room in Whittier is hands down my favorite! Chef Tony does an amazing job with the menu, and the selection is the best around! Jay and Hansom Rob (bat tenders) make sure the vibe is inviting... I'd recommend it to anybody!

Same thing with Beachwood BBQ in Seal Beach. They usually have rare beers (one of a kind casks), and their menu is second to none in the area. I'd recommend getting the Bleu Cheese Grits and Creamed Spinich together... it's heaven.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:06 PM  

Los Angeles, California
Wurstkuche for the win on this one. Great place with some great food and a huge assortment of beers. Its pretty reasonable too.
800 East 3rd Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013-1820
Old 12-27-2010, 06:27 AM  

Roy, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonvogt View Post
Wurstkuche for the win on this one. Great place with some great food and a huge assortment of beers. Its pretty reasonable too.
800 East 3rd Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013-1820
I'd Have to second this one. they have Belgium frits, sausage and a nice selection of great beers from Belgium and other European beers.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:58 PM  

Los Angeles
The Golden State on Fairfax (across the street from Cantor's) is pretty darn good.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:02 PM  

Fort Mcmurray, Alberta
The tavern on Maine. Has a crazy amount of different beers and the wings are awesome. In Fort McMurray Alberta Canada EH!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!