Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-16-2010, 04:41 PM  

Wildomar, CA
Getty Museum

Has anyone been to the Getty Meseum? I did a job down the street from it yesterday and was curious of what is inside?

Old 09-16-2010, 04:55 PM  

Riverside, CA
I believe it's an art and history museum, but I have also never been inside.

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement
Old 09-21-2010, 01:34 PM  

Valencia, California
There are two, the old one down by the ocean, and the big new one on the ridge between Encino and the Westside. The old one used to have antiquities, not sure now that it has reopened (it was closed for a number of years). The big one has revolving exhibits, and is a must see. The gardens there are spectacular.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:46 PM  

I went last year and besides the views, there is an extreme amount of walking with lots of stairs, just to look at pictures, wall art, and statues that all begin to look the same after seeing so many. I myself prefer the Huntington Library or Hearst Castle for some good antiquities, great paintings and rare books.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:04 PM  

Los Angeles, Ca,
Yeah, I have been up there a few times and I feel that the outside areas are more interesting than the inside stuff. I could (and have) spent all day hanging around outside taking in the great views and sketching the architecture.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:49 AM  

Moorpark, CA
It is very cool. I've lived here for ten years and just went for the first time this summer. It's five dollars to park, but admission is free. Definitely worth spending an afternoon there.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:01 AM  

Whittier, CA
I have not been to the Getty (yet) but I have heard nothing but good things about it.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:34 PM  

Sunnyvale, California
I live out of the area, but have been several times. I highly recommend it. As others have said, give yourself time just to walk around the grounds to see the views, the architecture and the landscaping. Inside, I think their photography exhibits are especially good! The new neoclassic sculpture gallery looks awesome.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:58 PM  

Glendora, CA
It's also a nice place to picnic with your family. You get a nice cool breeze from the ocean and the views are breathtaking
Old 10-08-2010, 09:48 AM  

Rockland, Maine
The best things about the Getty museum, in my opinion, are the architecture and the gardens. Both are pretty amazing.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.