Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-29-2010, 12:17 AM  
California Jeepin'

Magalia, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I lived down in Monterey for a few years - the Marine Corps stationed me there. It's about 3 years south of San Fran, and right next to Big Sur. We used to go ride our motorcycles down Big Sur every weekend.

I'm not a big fan of California, but it sure was beautiful! Don't think I'd live there again, though.
The farther away from San Fransisco you get, the better California becomes.

Old 11-29-2010, 12:49 AM  

austin, usa
i agree and the weather is nice

Old 11-29-2010, 01:05 AM  

Macon, Ga.
I've always enjoyed myself on trips to California. Currently living in Georgia, I'm originally from Florida; so parts of California remind me of the things I always loved about my home state, primarily climate and plenty of beaches and ocean.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:16 PM  

austin, usa
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8R8U2 View Post
I've always enjoyed myself on trips to California. Currently living in Georgia, I'm originally from Florida; so parts of California remind me of the things I always loved about my home state, primarily climate and plenty of beaches and ocean.
is it really safe going to beach there i heard theres alot of sharks lol
Old 11-30-2010, 03:37 PM  

Our little fishys have to eat also! Actually, you are twice as likely to be struck by lightning than being bitten by a shark. We have had I believe 3 or 4 fatal shark attacks in the last 10 years off the California coast.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:31 PM  
California Jeepin'

Magalia, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelbishop View Post
is it really safe going to beach there i heard theres alot of sharks lol
There are a lot of sharks... but most of them are Tiger sharks and are only around 2 feet long. They don't bother you.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:19 AM  

Daly City, CA
just a couple of miles east of San Francisco is the Farallon Island, that's where the Great whites go there to feed on seals during a certain time of year. I love California but hate the politics here, I would like it to be a little more like Texas, but being born and raised in San Francisco I do understand by default I am a little crazy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads