Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2010, 11:08 AM  

Los Angeles
I still miss the Tail o' The Pup :LAistory: Tail O' The Pup - LAist

Old 12-07-2010, 03:30 PM  
DMCarson

West Covina, California
Yeah pinks the first time aside from price has this classic feeling of torture, waiting forever:usually in the cold around generally some unusual people. But their not that great. Im not a big fan of it but many people like a dog that "snaps" I dont, I like flavor and dont need to be feeling Im eating a tube. Im big on texture I guess because for those of you who have had a swedish hot dog, the meats good but it is crunchy on the outside: its just how the hotdog is made not prepared or cooked but in the making of it. So I like a regular soft hot dog. One of my favorite ways they are prepared is with chilli and nacho cheese in a tortilla with 3 dogs aside from the classic bun relish ketsup etc. Another is butterflied and seared in oil on a skillet or super hot griddle, A touch of mayo and white bread with maybe some chipotle tabasco. Its like a fried balogne sandwhich.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:04 PM  

Los Angeles, California
Pink's

Although, I've never been I heard Pink's is good, but I'm sure it's more hyped up than what you'd get.

Barney's Beanery in Santa Monica and West Hollywood have great hot dog options they even have a $225 hot dog and bottomless champagne brunch with Dom Perrigon (sp?). My bf just had a chili cheese dog with guacamole last Friday and it was outstanding.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:55 PM  

It's all about Papoos Hot Dog show in the valley - Toluca Lake/Burbank.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:39 PM  

Los Angeles, CA
Fab Hot Dogs in Reseda. They do a bunch of hot dog styles from around the US. Try the Ripper it's fantastic. Also, they serve tater tots.

Another one I like, while not strictly "hot dogs" per se is Wurstkuche in Little Tokyo/Arts District downtown. Great selection of sausages, Belgian style frites, and a good selection of German and Belgian beers on tap in the bar.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:37 AM  

Moorpark, CA
Cupids Hot Dogs in the valley. There are four or five of them.

Also if you want sausage Wurstkuche in LA is about as good as it gets. Not cheap but they are incredible!
Old 12-17-2010, 02:33 PM  

Los Angeles
Slaw dogs in Pasadena
Old 12-19-2010, 06:48 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
Wow!
This list is getting pretty long since I started it.
I'm gunna have to do a hotdog a week tour and try them all
It seems that the S/F Valley is a popular spot for the dogs!
Old 12-19-2010, 08:28 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew_Ranger View Post
Slaw dogs in Pasadena
Please tell me more about this place! I'm headed to a doctor's appointment in Pasadena this Thursday, and would love to try this!
Old 12-25-2010, 11:40 PM  

I took my wife to Slaw Dogs in Pasadena last Thursday. As stated before, the parking really sucked but the food was great, place was clean, and the staff was friendly. My wife had the Thai Dog and she said it was the best dog she has had in a long time. I had the kraut/mustard dog and it was part of a fairly good priced lunch special. I highly recommend this spot, and I'll be headed back soon. Thanks for the tip on this place!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!