Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-27-2010, 04:11 AM  

Los Angeles, CA
Pinks is my favorite... but it has to be a Spicy Polish dog (with or without chili) - try it you'll like it!

Old 12-27-2010, 12:35 PM  

Chatsworth, CA
I used to love Rubin's Red Hots on Ventura near 101 and 405, their Chicago dog was like a meal and salad in one hot dog. Sadly they are gone...

Old 01-05-2011, 03:43 PM  

Canoga Park, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
When Pink's announced their grand opening in front of Knott's Berry Farm a few months ago, I figured it was time to try this highly coveted hot dog. After ordering two hot dogs and one order of french fries, along with two small drinks, the bill was $23.00! The hot dog was OK, but I would rather have eaten a dozen Der Weinersnitzel hot dogs. I left Pink's hungry and broke. Never again!
Der Weinersnitzel BAGEL Dogs! yum....
One of the pretzel places (Annies??) also has a decent dog...

Steve
Old 01-05-2011, 03:52 PM  

I just came from Der Weinersnitzel....right now their chili dogs are only 99 cents a piece! Limited time offer (and the small sale price is usually hidden from view, so demand that price!).
Old 01-26-2011, 07:47 PM  
Nobody

California
Pinks is not the best, nor is the price or the wait, but then again neither is the dogs from chain places.

I went to Fab Hot Dogs in the valley, which was on Triple D, which was ok, but nothing that I would go out of my way for.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:42 PM  

Jerry's dogs is a great dog place with a bunch of toppings to bit... Jerry's Wood-Fired Dogs :: Locations and close to home....
Old 02-01-2011, 03:13 PM  

der wiener snitcel! heh-heh
Old 02-03-2011, 07:16 PM  

Wurstk?che in downtown LA. Great food, but not strictly a hotdog joint - they bill themselves as "Purveyor Exotic Sausages" and fries. Lots of different kinds, some a bit bizarre. Tons of Belgian beers on tap. Not cheap, but tasty.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:17 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by asomers View Post
As a wiener factory mourner I have found the next best thing: Brats Brothers. It's a silly little shop with an amazing sausage menu and some nice german dishes. Brats Brothers
I saw the Brats Brothers on TV and wanted to try. Thanks for the reminder!

fat
Old 02-17-2011, 10:05 AM  
Nobody

California
I went there yesterday. I got the Santa Fe special, which was quite good. I was not impressed with the "tator tots" as it seemed more like deep fried mashed potatoes, no texture. Everything else was quite good.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads