Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2010, 02:34 PM  

Los Angeles
I also love the random old-school Mexican taco trucks. SO good.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:53 PM  

CA
This is awesome. Thanks. Grill em all, Coolhaus rock.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:46 AM  

Los Angeles
If anyone likes Peruvian try the Lomo Arigato truck. The Lomo Saltado is delicious!!! I miss working near where they used to stop everyday for lunch (near Jefferson and Centinela).
Old 12-28-2010, 12:21 PM  

Bennington, Vermont
When I lived out there in the late 80's, I'd eat from the "roach coach" quite often. They had some pretty good stuff.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:01 PM  
Rubicon

Los Angeles, California
We shot a show for the travel channel called Food Truck Paradise. The trucks we featured which I thought were great, were; the Grilled Cheese Truck, Nannas Wings and Things and the Flying Pig. All were clean and had good food. Also the Rose Bowl hosts a food tasting event where all the food trucks give you a tayste. One price gets you in for all you can eat. Sorry I don't remember the name something like LA food festival. The lines are ridiculously long but go by in about five or ten minutes each in spite of the fact that fifty people are in that same line.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:11 PM  

Lancaster, Ca
I havent eaten off of too many of the food trucks but out of the ones I have eaten, Grill em all is my fav so far. I have been to Venice and seen them all down there but I heard they were going to be putting a wrap on how many they allow to park down there.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:44 PM  

Taft, California
I don't know why the morons call them "roach coach". I used to hear that all the time when I was young working in large industrial buildings or on construction sites. I have never seen a roach anywhere near one of those trucks and even the "crappier" lunch trucks have really good food.

My uncle has turned me on to those outdoor taco stands in East L.A. These places I would never have considered eating at myself. I was surprised, that food is really good too.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:38 PM  

Pasadena, CA
Some used to play "La Cucaracha" when they pulled up. The nickname was unavoidable.

We did work next door to a film shoot at private houses two different times. Both times they came & asked if we could time our loud work to not happen while they shot, & offered free food from their truck as a bribe. They had the best truck food ever. The bribe worked, & we hope it happens again.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:19 PM  

Waited four hours for the Grill Em All truck and then had to leave because a co-worker got called back to work... I don't blame the truck, but what a terrible experience.

fat

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!