Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-02-2011, 07:40 AM  

Torrance, Califonia
Sci-Fi Stores?

Hi, I recently moved to Torrance from Seattle. I've always been into sci-fi, comics, and manga and in Seattle I always went to brown & Associates and a few comic book stores. Here in Torrance I found Geoffrey's comics and am able to get all the comics that I normally read and some of the manga, but I'm also looking for a store that sells books. I drove out to Dark Delicacies a few weeks ago, and while it is an awesome store, I really don't want to drive that far on a regular basis, plus they mostly had horror. I've tried Borders, but they don't have the selection that I want, plus I would like to buy used books anyways. The Other Change of Hobbit was supposed to be excellent, but they're not in Santa Monica anymore.

Does anyone know where I can get my sci-fi fix in the Torrance or East Bay area? TIA.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:36 PM  

I think the store you were referring to was called Change of Hobbit--The OTHER Change of Hobbit was always in Berkeley. You can try Secret Passages in Long Beach. They're small, but they have some pretty good things in there regardless. I was able to stock up on Asimov, Poul Andersen, and Joan Vinge -- my favorite writers, for an average of $2-3 per book. Also picked up a few graphic novels (I'm a huge Neil Gaiman fan). You can probably find their location of their site: Secret Passages Bookstore. Use a GPS when driving, because they're on a little one way and I drove past them 3 times looking for the place.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads