Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Louisiana
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2010, 12:42 PM  

Shreveport, LA
Restaurant Information for New Orleans

I am thinking of taking a trip to the Big Easy next weekend with my fiancee. Could anyone out there suggest some of their favorite eateries to visit while we are there?

We are not particular about the fanciness of the place or type of cuisine as long as it is top notch!

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-18-2010, 01:37 PM  

san diego, CA
You won't go wrong at any of these but there are about a ton more

Uglesich's New Orleans Restaurant, seafood recipes, Cookbooks

Mother's Restaurant - New Orleans - World' Best Baked Ham - 401 Poydras, New Orleans, LA 70130 Tel: 504-523-9656

New Orleans Restaurants - Port of Call - French Quarter Restaurant and Bar - Famous Hamburgers - Home

Jacques-Imo's Cafe - Real Nawlin' Food - Creole Soul

Old 10-21-2010, 02:11 PM  

New Iberia, Louisiana
what's your budget as that plays a big part on suggestions?
Old 10-24-2010, 03:55 PM  

Bossier City, LA
I'm a fan of eating at the locally owned places, not some corporate ran store. So, here are my favorite pics....

1) Commander's Palace - absolutely great cajun/creole food. This is the place where many great "TV" chef's have trained. Expect about $50 - $75 a person

2) Adolfos Resturant - incredible italian food, but in a dive place. Small, very small place. Expect about $30 - $50 a person.

3) Willie Maes Scotch House - 4th generation soul food resturant that was featured on the Travel Channel and the Food Network as it is such a landmark resturant to the locals in NOLA. NOTICE - they are open M-F for lunch only...arrive by 11:30, no later or it will be a 30 -45 minute wait. Get the chicken, no questions asked, it's be voted the best chicken in America. Expect about $10 - $15 a person for lunch

4) Port-O-Call - local dive bar that serves you either a steak or burger with baked potatoe. ABSOLUTELY mind blowing. Again, it's a lunch favorite for locals, so get there before 11:30. Expect about $10 - $15 a person for lunch

5) Breakfast - Cafe Du Monde.....coffee and beignets - expect about $7.00 a person

6) ACME Oyster House....best red beans/rice/sausage in NOLA, oh yeah, did I mention they have incredible oysters? Expect about $25 a person.

There are many many great resturants, but these are my favorites.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:05 PM  

Lafitte, Louisiana
Many great restaurants, yes! A really great little restaurant is the Green Goddess Green Goddess Opening Manifesto

Another one is Deanies restaurant.
Restaurants | Deanie's Seafood | New Orleans and another one is
Old 11-03-2010, 10:36 PM  

Lafitte, Louisiana
Many great restaurants, yes! A really great little restaurant is the Green Goddess Green Goddess Opening Manifesto

Another one is Deanies restaurant.
Restaurants | Deanie's Seafood | New Orleans
Old 11-19-2010, 06:13 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Check out this article. I have been to all of there places and they are absolutely fantastic. Cochon is my favorite.

New Orleans 2010 'Top 10' places to dine in New Orleans | NOLA.com
Old 12-08-2010, 07:49 PM  
naive charm

New Orleans, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by drape47 View Post
I am thinking of taking a trip to the Big Easy next weekend with my fiancee. Could anyone out there suggest some of their favorite eateries to visit while we are there?

We are not particular about the fanciness of the place or type of cuisine as long as it is top notch!

Thanks in advance!
Whoa this is my personal favorite. This is not for tourist. This is for real Louisianians Jacques-Imo's Cafe - Real Nawlin' Food - Creole Soul

It's not fancy, you walk through the kitchen to seated. You could eat in the back of the truck.....you'll know what I am talking about when you get there.

The food is bliss. It is really fun place in a great neighborhood.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:40 PM  

Lafayette, Louisiana
This post will probably be too late for your trip, but for the benefit of anyone else interested, I love going to The Napolean House in the quarter, and never leave NOLA without a visit to Central Grocery and Deli on Decatur for a muffaletta sandwich and root beer.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Louisiana
Bookmark this Page!